Friday, March 1, 2013

I do what I want

I have been dating my current boy toy for almost three years now. 

Time sure flies when you're always drunk. 

Along with being my manfriend, Jose is also my roommate.
That's right people, we live in sin.  I know, I'm a rebel.
 I also once put a yankee candle tart in a scentsy burner. 
I will probably be inducted into the Sons of Anarchy in the next few weeks for my badass ways.

I have no plans to get married anytime soon, maybe not ever.  I cannot tell you though how many people I encounter that just don't understand it.  There is one guy at my work who seems to think all I want is to be proposed to it.  Without fail every Monday he asks me if Jose quote put a ring on it over the weekend. Guess what...if I wanted to be married I would be.  I love the heck out of a good wedding, well really any occasion with an open bar is a little slice of heaven.  And I think getting married is an awesome thing if it is what the couple wants.  I work as an event director so I know I could throw one hell of a stylish wedding, I just don't want to.  And neither does Jose. 

I have seen countless couples rush into marriage for all the wrong reasons, I am already talented at blowing my money I don't need the cost of a divorce to help me with it.

The only reason I can see for getting married at this point in my life is to get a bunch of free shit from Bed Bath and Beyond, and honestly I just don't have the space for it in my apartment. 
And speaking of marriage, I recently watched Celebrity Wife Swap.  Kendra from the playboy bunny show and Kate Gossling swapped lives.  What the hell happened to Kate Gossling?? She is an odd duck right there.  I don't know if she could get married again if she tried. 

And on that note, why are all these celebs getting on the reality shows once reserved for us little people?? The one and only reality show I have ever wanted to be a part of (well besides Road Rules, let's be honest we all wanted to be on that show at one point in our life) is What Not To Wear.  I have always dreamed of Stacy and Clinton creating a whole new look for me and getting five grand to blow in New York.  It is honestly a dream of mine; but now they are helping washed up celebs with their wardrobes.  So not fair. 

2 comments:

Helene said...

i got married, it wasn't worth it. JK. hes great but its true, do what you want.

Erin said...

oh I am not ruling it out, I think it's a good thing! just amazes me how some people think i'm like a sad spinster because im not engaged