Monday, March 18, 2013

The most wonderful time of the year

Yesterday was St. Patrick's Day, I love this day.  I love it a lot.

I love Irish food, and music, and the color green, and most of all getting drunk as a skunk.

I also love the fact that my birthday is March 15, so I convince myself the whole weekend is a celebration just for me.

This year manfriend surprised me with a weekend getaway to Baltimore.  I live in the middle of nowhere and was born and raised in Detroit, so to me Baltimore is a top notch place.  If you haven't been, I would seriously consider a visit.  I personally love it because there are a plethora of bars and museums which are my two favorite things,closely followed by restaurants and shopping which Baltimore also has plenty of.

We made the two hour trek on Friday after work and checked into our hotel.  Of course Fred insisted on sitting in the front seat the whole time.


(Such a little rascal)


(he hogged the bed too)

We got checked in, went for a walk with the sassiest dog on the block, then made moves to Joe Squared, a pizza place I saw on Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives.  We met up with some good friends there for dinner and drinks.  After a great dinner we headed to a cute neighborhood called Federal Hill, if you visit Baltimore and like to drink, check it out.  We went to a few different bars and had lots of beer and a little Fireball Whiskey too.  It was a wonderful birthday.

Saturday manfriend and I got up and dominated some Greek food.  We were just a little touch hungover and there are no Greek restaurants where we live, so when I say dominated I mean it, we ordered two appetizers and I got soup in addition to sandwiches....and this was lunch mind you.  I was too full to eat my actual lunch after the appetizers and soup so my lucky ass dog got himself a good little lunch.



We made our way over to the National Aquarium afterwards, neither of us had been yet and were both anxious to check it out.  I was very, very impressed.  The exhibits were awesome.  We missed the dolphin show, but I fell in love with a little octopus and all in all just had a great time.  The only bad part were all the screaming children.  Manfriend and I always forget that popular museums on weekends are filled with more kids than Major Magic's so we kicked ourselves a little on that one.  At least my hangover was gone by this point, the last time we forgot about the child problem was when we visited the Air and Space museum in DC the morning after a Red Hot Chili Peppers concert;  a severe hangover,  a-hole kids, and boring science are not a winning combo.

There was a Mary Kay convention in Baltimore over the weekend as well.  Manfriend and I thoroughly enjoyed gawking at all the crazy ladies decked out in head to toe pink.  The seven year old me wanted to steal all their pink Cadillacs (I grew up in Detroit remember, they teach you to jack cars in first grade).



Saturday night we met up with another couple for dinner and more drinks.  We got back to the hotel around two and naturally needed to eat some food, so we ordered carry out from a spot so ghetto it gives that hot dog place in Chicago a serious run for its money.  While waiting for our food out front with Fred we made lots of fellow drunk friends. Everyone loved Fred and he even got pet by a very pretty stripper.  I did not know she was a stripper but when manfriend explained to me that she clearly was because she had just come out of the strip club next door, was caked in make up, and had two Louis Vuitton duffel bags of clothes with her, it all added up.  Whatever she was cool, she even fed Fred some pizza.

By Sunday when we got home, we were pretty broke and there are just not really many good bars where we live so we had a few friends over for an Irish dinner and some drinks.  It was a perfect end to the weekend and I am not even hung over.  Maybe I have finally figured it all out now that I am 28.

Hope you all had a great St. Patrick's day.


1 comment:

Stephanie said...

If by that hot dog place in Chicago you mean Superdawgs, you are wrong - nothing rivals Superdawg.
Fred is looking much improved!! He's so happy on that bed. Spoiled baby.
I'm glad you had such a good weekend!!!