Wednesday, March 13, 2013

holy semi-hangover

I'm going to be real honest here, even though this blog is called The Party Girl's Guide, I am actually more of a reformed party girl.

My life these days is sort of low key for the most part.  During the week I usually go to the gym and then watch TV or read...wild I know.  Sometimes manfriend and I might go out to dinner and once in a while I even have a drink or two.

I do not party until the wee hours of the morning during the week like I did a few years ago.  I remember my first big girl job, I was not willing to change my drinking schedule so I went to work hungover almost every single day.  I have that job to thank for helping me get past the fear of throwing up in a public toilet.  I told my boss on day one that I suffered from frequent migraines....I thought there was no way she could tell I was always hungover then.

I have actually only been hungover at my current job once.  You heard me once!  I know what a good little gem I have become.  Don't worry I make up for it on the weekends.

Last night however, manfriend called me at work and asked if I wanted to go see Dr. John play.  I was like uhh it is a Tuesday, but yea.

He came and scooped me up from work and we made our way to the town where the concert was going on.  We picked out a cute restaurant and had a drink and some dinner.  Manfriend and I like to think we are rich people so naturally a Tuesday night impromptu dinner ran us about a hundred dollars.  I will share my money managing secrets with you all one of these days.

After dinner we headed to the venue had a drink and then went in to see the show.  It was amazing, I had so much fun, and I also had a lot of beer.  After the show ended I was a little drunk and naturally wanted more beer.  So that is what I had.  I didn't get home until about 1:30 and to say waking up this morning was rough is an understatement.

I am not hungover exactly (thank goodness) I just feel hella foggy.  I have consumed about 4 mini diet cokes and a blt and I really just want to eat chips and watch reality TV in the worst way...

Here I am at work though, keep your fingers crossed for me.  Oh yea and my boss saw me dropping manfriend off at his car which we left at my work last night.  He goes, "saw you doing the walk of shame this morning Erin".  Always a good way to start your day...

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Hahaha! I actually haven't been hungover at work in awhile. I used to consider Tuesdays and Thursdays my biggest party nights, but I think I'm learning my lesson on that one.