Saturday, March 2, 2013

Textual Messages

It's like a sexual message without the romance or the sex.
 
Text messages are one of the many ways manfriend keep the laughter alive in our relationship.  Lately he has been working a hellish schedule where his shift is 6pm-6am.  I work 8-5 so I literally pass him on the road as he is driving to work and I am heading home.  With the exception of Tuesday his one day off and a few hours on Saturday and Sunday, I only see him for a few minutes in the morning as I am getting ready for work.  The schedule is temporary and will be back to normal in a month or so, but for now he leads the vampire life.  A few Tuesdays ago when he got off work at 6am he decided to have a few beers with his co-workers.  Many of his new work buddies are transplants for the particular project so he is meeting lots of delightful new people.  We live in a very small town and the population of rednecks is high.  The transplant workers seem to fit right in.
 
So one Tuesday, as I sat at my desk working away, Jose was celebrating happy hour...before 9am



 
Fred is our dog, I can't go more than a few minutes without talking about him.


If you have never had old bay you aren't missing much.  It is pretty much just seasoned salt but everyone in Maryland is obsessed.  They even have it at subway, and the local sushi place has an old bay roll....no shit.  This man's addiction takes the cake though.

3 comments:

Helene said...

hahah textual messages. love it. eating old bay straight?! that's SICK!

Allison Seyler said...

Oh man. This one had me cracking up at work. Hahahah.

Erin said...

Allison, maybe we can do some old bay shots this summer in the outter banks....if we want to get real wild