Thursday, March 7, 2013

I want to be a Russian


Never, in my life have I wanted anything more than to be a Russian motorist in lieu of recent events. In case you haven't heard, a giant ass meteor recently crashed to the ground in Russia.  There is a ton of video footage of the crash on the interweb because many of  the crazy Russians have installed dashboard cameras in their cars.  I couldn't understand why so many drivers had these dash cams so I did some investigative research last night (AKA I googled that shit). 

Apparently many folks install the cameras in case of crime or police brutality so they have a record of what happened.  If I were in Russia though I would get one just for pure entertainment.

 
I watched a handful of videos and the Russian commuter has a FAR more exciting drive than I.

The most exciting thing i have seen on the road since moving to the middle of nowhere is a raccoon.  I mean sure, once in a while I might see a rude or slightly entertaining bumper sticker, maybe a nose picker, but NOTHING like what goes down on the Rusisan roadways. 


What a Russian driver experiences


( Shopping carts on the express way)

(Bitches beating dudes up)



(Motha F-ing planes!)


What I experience


(Fred chewing bones while riding shotty)

(Fred looking irritated with my driving)

(A restaurant called "Cluck-U Chicken" that sells chicken and cigarettes....)





2 comments:

Helene said...

oh i heard about the meteor! but not about the dash cams, that's hilarious!!

Stephanie said...

Those camera shots are hilarious! Fred is cuter though, so it's really a toss up.