Wednesday, March 6, 2013

So Much for a Snow Day

As you may or may not know, I spent the first 26 years of my life in Michigan. In Michigan, it is cold as shit and snows a lot!!

In Michigan, we wears shorts when it is above 50 degrees.

We do not get out of sorts unless there is more than a foot of snow....even then we still drive and carry on about our business.

Since I have moved to Maryland, I have realized how wussy some of the country is when it comes to snow. The folks at my work go bat shit crazy at even the threat of snow. We actually shut down once this winter for a mere dusting!!

Yesterday the news started reporting the possibility of a snow storm. My co-workers naturally spun into a tizzy. I even hopped on board. I wore my jamies inside out last night in hopes of a snow day today! I woke up every few hours to check on the conditions out side and to my dismay nothing! Not even a speck of snow :(

I was really hoping to stay home and hang with Fred instead of working today. I am sleeping with a spoon under my pillow tonight....that is probably why it didn't snow last night. I forgot that important step.

2 comments:

Kim said...

The news called the storm suppised to hit the east coast "snowquester" and i just died laughing

Erin said...

gotta love all these names!! snowpocalyse and snowmageddon were good too!