Monday, March 25, 2013

Happy Monday

Oh hey Monday, what up.  I had a really great weekend.  That makes for two really great weekends in a row which is a good thing because the previous few weren't so hot, when you live for the weekend like I do that is not a good thing.  Hopefully I can keep the streak going for a while.

Even though you probably don't care too much, I am going to tell you all about what I have been up to the past few days.

Friday night manfriend and I decided on a low key evening because we both had to work Saturday morning.  We went for a few drinks early on in the evening and then had a delicious dinner at an Indian restaurant we like.  We finished the evening with a little TV and hit the hay early.  We did meet the world's craziest man at the bar and he actually told us he loved us.  I am kicking myself for not taking a picture of him....somehow I think I will see him again however.

Saturday we both got out of work pretty early.  So early in fact that I was able to get in some serious Target shopping before I would normally even be awake on a Saturday.  I don't know what it is about that store but my hands take on a mind of their own and I just buy everything I see.  I seriously can't control myself.

After Target, I made lunch for manfriend and I (he got home right after I did) and then we took Fred on a hike.  Fred is finally all healed up and he was in heaven on our hike.

We did a little antique shopping following the hike and I ran across this little beaut.  I don't really even know what to say about it, but I am pretty sure this is not something you should buy used.


Saturday night we made a nice dinner and I developed an addiction to the show Full Throttle Saloon.  We went to a local bar after for some beers and a few shots of Fireball whiskey.  I am pretty sure they were filming Step Up 3 in the bar because at one point there were three guys dancing on the floor with each other and no ladies in sight.  One of the guys was holding his beer in his mouth with no hands while he danced.  It was impressive to say the least.  I tried to get manfriend to start grinding on one of them for $20 but he wouldn't do it.  He isn't a very good boyfriend.  We went home pretty early so we could wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed in the AM.

Sunday we woke up, and I felt neither bright eyed nor bushy tailed, in fact I don't even have a tail so I don't get that expression at all.  I did wake up excited however because we had tickets for the first ever Inaugural Beer Festival in DC at the Nationals Stadium.  We hit the road around 10:30 and picked up two of our pals.  Obviously we had to stop at WaWa on the way for coffee and my friend Johnny ordered a burrito.  You can see that burrito below....I do not know why it was square.




By noon we were at the stadium patiently waiting to be let into the festival.  They made us wait until 1 pm to enter so we were standing like caged animals at feeding time for about thirty minutes.  Once we got in however all was right with the world.  There were 79 breweries set up and we sampled quite a lot of them.  Plus we got to drink from tiny little mugs which is always a plus.






After the festival we headed to Adams Morgan to get some Peruvian food which was a first for me.  It will not be the last either, it was amazing.  We were home in bed by 10:30 or so, but after all that drinking I was thrilled to learn when I woke up this morning that mother nature really had my back.  You see Maryland got a little dusting of snow, so my work delayed opening by an hour.  Thanks mama that extra hour of sleep was appreciated.

It looks gorgeous here with all the snow, but it's pretty warm so I think it will be gone soon.  Hope you all had a top notch weekend.




2 comments:

Helene said...

i do too care what you did, haha! i want to go antiquing!

sohirach said...

i love this! and love the blog girl, can't wait to read more. the snow is here too, it's so beautiful, but hopefully it melts soon and i can wear shorts. ;)

love, rach.
www.so--hi.blogspot.com