Saturday, March 9, 2013

This is what I get....

Today was not a good day.  Not a good day at all.  In fact it was the worst day I have had in a long, long time.  Today my baby dog Fred; the sweetest, most angelest, cutest pup alive was attacked by another dog.  Luckily he is mostly ok, but man oh man...what a way to spend your Saturday.

So Friday night I decided to stay in.  I worked late, went to the gym for Zumba, grocery shopped, took Fred on a jog, cooked a healthy dinner, then watched a movie.  I don't know what alien crawled into my body and made me do those things, but I assure you next weekend I am going to drink enough booze to kill it.

I woke up early this morning ready for another healthy alien day.  I figured today Fred and I would go for a jog before I went to kick boxing class.  We did one lap around the neighborhood and the weather was gorgeous so we kept on going for a second.  About halfway through, the incident went down.

I am not going to go into details, it was gorey and horrible and I really do not want to think about it.  It was honestly one of the worst things I have ever seen.  Basically a girl was walking her dog across the street from where we were running, it slipped out of its collar and came at Fred.  I could not break the dogs apart.  I started screaming and crying and finally some neighbors came out.  I can only imagine the swears that were flying out of ma mouth.  I apologize to any children that may have heard me.

It was bad enough that I called the police.  I got Fred to the vet right away and thankfully, $700 later he is ok.  He is really beat up and there is a slight chance his snout is fractured, but hopefully not. 

I feel so sad for my baby.  I went out and bought him every treat in the store and made him eggs for dinner.  He was prescribed three different medications, so I am a little jealous about that.  Fred is definitely much higher than you or I.  He has been resting up and is in pretty good spirits considering.

The vet had to shave all his wounds so his hair is looking a little cray cray.  I mean he looks better than Anne Hathaway, but it is not his best look.

So what is the moral of this story??? Don't work out, EVER!!! Seriously. Normally I get shwasted Friday night then spend my entire Saturday hung over eating junk food on my couch and no one gets hurt.  The one weekend I act like a damn healthy person my baby gets the shit beat out of him....

If you are a prayer say one for Fred.  If you aren't send him a happy thought.  He is a sweetie and will lick your face in return for some good vibes.


(The baby with his ice pack recovering on the couch)

No comments: