Monday, March 11, 2013

thirty one problems...

I don't know what it is about my (not so new now) little town, but the bit**es here love them some Thirty One bags.  (if you don't know what Thirty One bags are don't worry I am sure you will be invited to a party very soon. They are like Tupperware parties but not.)

When I first moved here I had one friend, it was the girl who I sublet my apartment from, she took pity on me I guess and would occasionally invite me to things.  Such as a Thirty One party....I had never heard of such a party but I showed up because frankly I had nothing better to do.  Since that fateful evening I have been to 4 more of the damn parties!!

I mean I love to sit around and drink wine with my friends, but I always feel so obligated to buy something and then I get drunk and buy even more stuff.  They are not a good thing for me.  I don't even like the bags (like not at all).  I am very picky about style and bags and purses, but for some reason after a few glasses of wine, I find myself wanting everything in the book.  At the Thirty One party I went to on Saturday night, I told my friend over and over I was not going to buy anything.  I even brought an appetizer so I wouldn't feel like a cheap ass showing up for the free wine. 

I was feeling pretty guilty about leaving my pup at home alone after his horrible day, so naturally I bought him a personalized tote bag.  Every dog needs one right?? When I got home he told me I was dumb and that he would have preferred a double cheeseburger from Burger King, I could have saved myself like $36 dollars if I had just asked him first.  I also for some reason felt the need to purchase a large tote bag that I already have.  I regretted the decision the second I sobered up, but it was too late. The damage was done.

On a good note, my little patient is doing pretty well.  Keep sending him your good thoughts, and remember don't ever exercise.  No good will come of it.  Also, stay away from Thirty One parties.

3 comments:

Suzzette said...

OMG I feel the same way. I hate those bags! Why spend $40 on a bag for groceries?!?! And they are not purse bags...they are just bags!

Stephanie said...

I think I would have bought a tote for Hawkeye too... Which she promptly would have eaten in hopes that a taco was inside.
I kind of want to go to one of these parties though. I've gone to lots of Pampered Chef and Stella and Dot ones, but never this Thirty One business. I'm intrigued.

Erin said...

It is only a matter of time Stephanie I have no doubt someone will invite you soon, abd your pup needs one! and Suzzette I know!! But I keep buying them. Some of them are cute and they do make good gifts.