Tuesday, March 5, 2013

to be young at heart

You know how you have those nights in your early 20s where you get so drunk you just don't remember a dang thing...

When the only way you figure out where you went the night before is from finding the receipts in your purse the next morning...

When you literally can't get out of bed because you feel asleep with gum in your mouth and are stuck to the mattress...

When you find a pizza roll in your coat pocket in the morning...

When you know you must have taken a bath the night before because the bathroom rug is in the tub...

....well I guess I am just young at heart because here I am almost 30 and those things have all happened more recently than I care to admit.

Sure they don't happen quite as often as they did back in college (AKA the happiest place on earth) but they still happen.

I always imagined I would get real classy in my late twenties...but I turns out I just am who I am.



The other night I went out for a glass of wine with my girlfriend (just one glass, I do have it in me to be classy occasionally).  She started telling my about this new guy she is seeing. 

"OHHH when will I get to meet him??" I asked. 

"Umm you did on Saturday,"  she replied. 

"No way, I didn't. I was not even that drunk." I argue.

"Erin, you had like 6 drinks and some shots."

Me, "Oh yeah, I forgot."

"Do you remember peeing outside of the car in the parking lot??"  She asks.

"Well ya, but I just didn't want to go back inside."  I guess not everyone thinks it is acceptable to pee in the parking lot.  That is how we roll in Detroit though.

I probably need to stop drinking so much I can't remember, but man I really don't want to. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear lady I pee in parking lots on the reg. Keep it classy.