Wednesday, July 17, 2013

turns out make up makes you pretty

I will confess, I have no fucking idea how to apply make up.

I never have and likely never will.

I am not Southern Beauty Guide or anything guys.

The only thing I wear is a touch of bronzer because I am albino and mascara. Oh yeah, Burt's Bees too...sometimes even tinted.

It's not my fault really, my mom is a tomboy and I was never taught.

Yesterday I had to film an interview at the local cable channel for work. Naturally I had no clue what to wear or how to paint my face.

To my delight when I got there they had a make up artist to spruce me up. I felt like a goddamn Kardashian.



I haven't had my make up done since my friend's mom did it for me when I went to the prom.

I must say I loved it. It was relaxing, she was nice, and she said I had pretty eyes. I am sure she says that to all the girls, but I probably would have showed her my boobs for saying it. I'm easy like that.

She put a shit ton of goop on my face, not really sure I could handle all that on the regular, but I did like the hooker eyes she gave me. They were all dark and sassy.

My goal this weekend is going to be practicing eyeliner. I know most girls learn this at about 12 but what can I say, I'm a late bloomer.

Even though I have zero make up skills of my own, I do know a few things to avoid:




17 comments:

Helene said...

I'm with you: bronzer and mascara and we're set. if i get fancy i put some eyeliner on the top half to the corner of my eye, does that make sense? not the whole top just half of it? why do i do that I don't know and it probably looks bad. whatever.

Tracie Everyday said...

haha! I love that the too much bronzer pic could cover all your what not to dos! They be looking cray-cray!

Katie said...

this is why i love cc bb creams. i feel like they do it all! (they prob dont and i just look like a jackass but whatever)

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

Love this! My routine takes like 5 minutes and that is good enough for me. Though I watched a lot of YouTube videos by MakeupGeek that help me learn a lot on how to apply everything.

Chloe said...

I'm glad it's not just me. I can't do anything past my eyeshadow and eye liner. Sometimes mascara. That other shit is just too hard. And my eye shadow isn't all cool and stuff. Just simple eyeshadow. You should really do one of those looks for shits and giggles.

kathy @ vodka and soda said...

i don't wear much makeup either. i would never be able to do smokey eyes or anything of that sort.

Morgan Sparks said...

This cracked me up! Once you get a makeup routine going you can have a fully painted face in about 5 minutes. I was what you would call an early bloomer in the makeup department. I fought my mom in order to wear makeup to my first day of school in 6th grade..

Caro @ The Caro Diaries said...

I get so lazy! My go-to makeup trick now is mixing in some foundation with moisturizer for a tinted but even look, and some lipgloss and mascara and bam!
If I do ever feel like I want to look pretty though, I just take a liquid eyeliner pen and draw on half my top lid - going towards the outside. It's very minimal but makes my shit brown eyes pop! :)

Tami said...

purrrty! although you need zero makeup to look good :)

Anonymous said...

I'm with you. I have slight Asperger's syndrome and makeup and all of that has never been a huge priority. I know when I'm supposed to wear it nowadays, but I don't see the point sometimes! :)

Bronzer, mascara, gloss- go.

During the week, I wear face lotion and chapstick. Seriously.

Makeup does make you pretty, though! Who knew? :)

~Anchored In Christ~ said...

the only thing I wear is foundation and concealer 98% of the time and now a days I just go no make up at all. takes too much time and I have no one to impress.

Chelsee W said...

Haha you could be a Southern Beauty Guide. Haha gosh I about died when I read that..you are too funny. Let me know if you need any tips! Eyeliner takes a while to master so just keep working at it.

Tiffany Khyla said...

I'm not a make-up artist by any means, but Pinterest helps!

Kim Brown said...

It's at be a Southern thang, because I love my makeup and rarely go out without a full face! Rimmel has a great kohl liner with a smuger on the end if you want to try with eyeliner :)
You always look great in your pics without it though!

Heidi said...

This is too funny! Freshman year of college I thought it was normal to wear black, brown and white eyeliner all at once! Doh!

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

On work days, they're lucky if I swipe the mascara on.

shannon said...

ummm make up is lame.
don't even bother. those are precious moments in the morning you could be doing something more valuable like sleeping or reflecting on how much you hate your life.