Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Lettuce Wraps Yo

I know I have no business continuing to post recipes, but I just want to be the next Food Network Star so bad I really can't help it.

I'm not even kidding. They should give me a show. I will get shit faced drunk and cook food. I have a lot of experience cooking when I'm real wasted...I've never even cut my finger either.

This right hurr is a recipe for lettuce wraps. They are fucking delicious. I'm serious.

P.S. I am sorry I don't measure anything it is just not my style. You are all smart cookies though, you'll figure it out.

Lettuce Wraps

you will need:

-Ground turkey
-Iceberg lettuce
-One can of water chestnuts
-Mushrooms (baby bellas, button, whatev)
-Red pepper flakes
-Ground Ginger
-Soy Sauce
-Garlic

instructions:

-Brown the ground turkey in a pan with a little oil.



-Chop mushrooms, water chestnuts, and garlic into small pieces. I used about a half cup of mushrooms to 4 servings of turkey, and 3 cloves of garlic.

-Add veggies to the turkey.



-Sprinkle in a generous amount of red pepper (depending on how hot you like it, I like mine super spicy) Add a few shakes of ground ginger powder (1/2 teaspoon or so to taste). Add several shakes of soy sauce (enough to coat the meat).

-While your meat is simmering (20 min or so for the flavors to blend) rinse your lettuce. Carefully take off the outer leaves of lettuce to use as your wraps.



-That's all she wrote. It super easy and they taste great. Just scoop your filling into the lettuce and wrap it up. Always wrap it up kids.



12 comments:

Tami said...

These look sooo good and super easy. I've actually never made lettuce wraps but I'm down to try. And props on never drunkenly slicing your finger. Mad skillz

Anonymous said...

I've been looking for a good lettuce wrap recipe! This look SO good!! So glad you joined Jess and me!!! :)

Morgan Sparks said...

This looks delicious!!

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

This looks delish! That is skills for not chopping your finger while a little tipsy! I would have lost a few!! Next food star here you come!

Kim Brown said...

Looks just as good as PF Changs, but healthier! I would vote for you on the next FN Star :)

Unknown said...

That looks good! I don't measure either. It gets too many things dirty.

Carly @ The Pinot Project said...

PF Changs has the most amazing lettuce wraps in the history of lettuce wraps, so I am always afraid to make them at home since I know they won't be as good.

I cook like you; no measuring, just make a judgment call. It is so hard for me to write down recipes for people.

Helene in Between said...

but but, I love carbs! these do look scrumptious!

Kailagh Anne said...

These sounds so good! I need to try this now. So simple and good for you

xo. Kailagh

Anonymous said...

Those look amazing! :)

That is a meal for my week this week. :)

kathy @ vodka and soda said...

what you SHOULD do is video yourself hammered and cooking; then post it up in here for us to enjoy. for reals; that would be all kinds of awesome.

Kristin O said...

OMG!! These look great!! GOOOO Rodney!!