Tuesday, July 2, 2013

My baby

Well guys, it is a very bitter sweet day for me. Yesterday my sweet baby boy turned 21...in dog years.

It seems like only yesterday he was just a tiny little thing crawling on the table and chewing up furniture. My how the time flies. Now he is practically a grown ass man.
Just look at him way back when. These are all pictures of Fred taken the week after I tricked Jose into adopting him. Of all the manipulative and borderline shitty things I have done in my life, this is the one I don't regret at all. Fred has made so many people happy in the three years we have had him.

He makes me smile every single day.

Of course I am excited that my little guy is growing up and becoming a man, and to be honest he is a lot like his dear old mom was at his age.

Here is a pic of Fred this morning, he was a grump and had no interest in waking up after his wild weekend canoeing. I could never be bothered to get up before noon at 21 either.

And look at him posing with all that booze...if I had a dollar for every pic I took like that in college, I could buy him a solid gold bone.

Fred also tends to pee in public a lot...shocking I know, but back in my hay day I could be found doing that quite often as well.

Somehow Fred is able to eat like complete crap and stay in great shape...those were the days. It will catch up to him just like it did for his mom though.

I know no child wants to hear they are just like their parent, so I will stop listing the ways, but I will tell you how we celebrated the big 21.

After Jose and I had a non fast food dinner, we took Fred to his favorite restaurant, Checkers. Normally when he gets a fast food burger (which I'll be honest is about twice a month) He has to pick something off the dollar menu. Last night we splurged however and he got some kind of a jumbo bacon cheeseburger. The cashier did not find it as amusing as we did that we were ordering food for a giant dog who was up at the window giving her the stare down. She found it even less amusing when we asked for a knife to cut it up.

He loved it though, for real. I know Fred is a dog but I can totally tell when he is happy and we sort of communicate with one another. Ok, I will stop now before I sound like too much of a dog freak...or is it too late for that?

He of course got a frosty paws ice cream to top off the night, and this afternoon I am going to take him to the pet store to pick up a birthday present. If I know my dog, he will pick the most expensive toy he can find. And there is one thing you can count on with Fred, the more expensive something is, the faster he will ruin it. I once spent $17 on a fu*king ball and it was destroyed within nine minutes. 

Happy birthday baby. I love you.


Tall Tails Link Up

19 comments:

Tami said...

One big giant AWWWWWWWWH for this post! I love fred! Its so friggin cute you guys get him real burgers, we will have to keep that treat in mind for a special occasion ;)

Chelsee W said...

Haha It is so funny that you took him to checkers!

Katie said...

i love this post! happy bday fred! i cant wait til i get scoobs a burger and ice cream for his bday. although im sure it will make him shit himself.

;)

Adriana from Glitter & Sarcasm said...

awww what good puppy parents! honestly I would love to have a birthday like that.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRED!!

Miss Riss said...

Fred!!! He's so cute!!!! That's hilarious he got his own cheeseburger for his birthday! If I gave my guys a cheeseburger, they'd have the squirts for days! Hahaha!

Chloe said...

Happy birthday Fred! Sounds like he was treated to a pretty damn good birthday!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Fred! My Gus is an old man now, closer to 70ish. He still plays like a 21 year old though!

Michelle said...

Love that he gets his own meal at the restaurant!! I once bought one of those dog boxes with toys and treats and Murphy destroyed the dog toy (which looked pretty heavy duty) within a couple minutes! Visiting from the Tall Tails link up!

Margaret said...

I love this!! It makes me want a dog even more (which I didn't think was really possible at this point...). You definitely gave Fred a pretty awesome birthday

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday Fred! May you be as spoiled as Hawkeye today!

Helene said...

awwww! such a sweet pup, happy 21st! take a shot of dog food!

shannon said...

DID FRED GET A BEER?!
my boys each got a beer on their big 2-1!

happy dog-day buddy!

Anonymous said...

aww Fred is adorable!! Happy Birthday Fred!

Steph G said...

My dogs LOVE frosty paws. They get so excited every time I open the freezer. It's ridiculous. Happy Birthday Fred!

Morgan Sparks said...

Happy birthday, Fred!! I love that I'm not the only one that celebrates my dogs birthdays. They are part of the family too!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Fred!!!

Super sweet post!

And the alcohol caught my attention because well... you know.

Julie @ A Simply Sweet Blog said...

Hi! Visiting from the tall tails link up. Fred is adorable! And a very happy birthday to him as well. I totally celebrate my dogs birthdays, too. And they both got to try some beer on their 21st. One liked it, the other was convinced we tried to poison her!

Kristin O said...

Happy Birthday Fred!!

Kathrin@shopschoolsleep said...

hahaha sounds like a great 21st bday...hope it didn't end with him puking, like i did at mine lol!! here from the link up :)