Wednesday, July 10, 2013

I did it!

I know this blog is usually all rainbows and unicorns, but today shit is about to get real.

I don't talk about serious business too often, because frankly ain't no one got time for that, but there is something you should all know about me: I am an addict. Or I guess WAS an addict is more accurate.

It is easy to sound like you live the perfect life in writing. I mean, if you have read my blog for any length of time you know I am just sweet as pie and could not be more of a lady, but trust me I have struggles yo.

As much as I try to live a healthy and happy life, I have not been able to kick one terrible habit. I have tried everything; cold turkey, the patch, torture, hypnotism, electric shock. You name it I tried it, but I still found myself incredibly addicted to Diet Coke.



I just love it so much. And even more I need it.

I think I have finally overcome this powerful, powerful vice though and have been Diet Coke free now for well over a week.

I am so proud of myself. I could not have done it if not for the help of my dog Fred. He has been my backbone through all the withdrawals.



I still get the craving, but I am going to try to refrain.

Except when I am drinking Jack of course. I mean I'm only human, I need Diet Coke when I drink Jack.

17 comments:

Katie said...

or malibu and diet coke with a lime.


sorry for not helping. :(

Tami said...

BAHA at that girl in the background of the photo after you just killed someone! Bitch is not amused. I too am addicted to diet coke, but I have yet to reach the milestone you have. Pray for me.

Morgan Sparks said...

This is great. I'm slightly addicted to diet coke as well. We all have our vice!

Chloe said...

Good job. And here I was thinking you were gonna say something like drugs. Lol.

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

Tell us oh wise one the secret!!! I drink over a gallon of water a day but I still have to have at least one diet coke. I tried and failed. Help or not I kinda like it!

The Caro Diaries said...

I'm there with ya on the addiction to Diet Coke - it's too good! I stopped buying it at home, but it's not any easier :(
My name is Caroline and I'm a recovering addict.

xo caro

Stephanie said...

I'm glad you're on the road to recovery. You really can't quit it with jack though, you're right. Jack needs diet coke.

Kim Brown said...

Way to go! I gave up Diet Coke over a year ago & now I can't even stand the taste of it!

Helene in Between said...

Oh god it's so hard. Mad props to you my friend.

Tracie Everyday said...

get it girl! I can never get past the headaches when attempting to detox. Or the slightly crazy dreaming about my fix phase. I always give in then.

Adriana from Glitter & Sarcasm said...

HAHAHA yea that chick wasn't happy that you killed someone.

BUT YAYY good for you! Also this made me hungry for some reason

Miss Riss said...

OMG! You had me really concerned for you at the begining there! LOL! Diet Coke is where it's at yo! You can find me every Happy Hour from 2-4 at Sonic ordering a Route 44 Diet Coke with regular cherry flavor and easy ice please. Mmmmm mmm mmm

Anonymous said...

Yay! Way to go! I only drink water... and alcohol which sometimes involves diet coke. :)

Savannah said...

hahaha this is the funniest shit. I read it like 3 times. One of my friends is super addicted to diet coke and this sounds JUST like her. My husband was also super addicted, to all soda, but he's like 5 years clean now (only relapses with Jack - of course). Good luck!

Laura Ann said...

I recently stopped drinking diet coke at work... I thought replacing it with cucumber/ lemon water would be just as satisfying. It isn't.

Tiffany Khyla said...

Omg! This is amazing. Haha.

Kelly said...

Congratulations girl, I am addicted and not ready to give it up but you are an inspiration!

xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes