Friday, July 12, 2013

Flip, flip, flipadelphia


1. As you can probably tell, this is not a picture of me. It is actually my sweet little niece Evie and her dog Cosmo. It has got to be one of the top 100 cutest pictures of all time, so you're all welcome. It also sums up what I did on Monday which is nothing. I have been quite the active little bee lately what with my copious amounts of travel and obsessive yoga schedule but Monday was the exception to that rule. You see I forgot my gym bag at home so I came home to get it and figured I would watch one show with Fred before heading to my class. If I do not go right to the gym from work there is a very good chance I will not go at all and that is just what happened. Instead of working out, I spent the hours of 5pm-12am on my couch. I watched the three episodes of Drop Dead Diva I had previously missed and also a ton of Tripple D. I ate a lot of snacks too. It was pretty excellent.

2. Tuesday night one of my best pals invited man friend and I to attend something called Circurious at the minor league baseball stadium. I was imagining it to be akin to cirque de solel which I have been wanting to see for over a thousand years. Silly me. I live in a very small rural area. I should have known this would be a group of strange carnies putting on a dance recital. Whatever, I got free ice cream and spent time with a good friend so it was not so bad.

3. I got some real bad news on Wednesday. I can't really talk about it too much or I will loose my shit once again, but my dog back home was put down. He was a total rascal of a dog and frequently got into the trash and stole chocolate. He had a real sweet tooth that one. His name was Butch and he was the best dog you would ever want to meet.

4. Thursday I spent a lot of quality time with Fred because I was sad about the Butchster still. Fred and Butch met a few times but to be honest, Butch kind of hated all other dogs. He really only liked my sister's dog Cosmo and our old dog Rocky (she is in heaven too so they are for sure hanging out). I took Fred on a run (which he sucks at) and then we played fetch in the house. At one point he got a little excited and dove for the ball under our kitchen cabinet punching a hole into the wood with his paw. This is him overseeing Jose as he retrieved the ball. 

5. Today I am heading to Philly just as soon as Jose gets off work to spend a few days with my mom and dad. I cannot wait, I am going to make them get drunk and share Butch stories with me all weekend. 



 photo H54Fbutton-1_zpsa7aaa665.png

15 comments:

Chloe said...

Your niece is adorable. I'm sorry about Butch :(. Made my heart hurt. Have fun with your parents though. ;) happy Friday!

Katie said...

thinking of you and butch :(

Rachel said...

Sorry about the pup!! Sending positive vibes your way lady!

Adriana from Glitter & Sarcasm said...

sorry about puppy! hopefully Fred tried real hard to make you feel better. Enjoy the weekend tho, pup memories are always fun ones to relive!

Chelsee W said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chelsee W said...

I am so sorry about the puppy. I am going through the same thing right now. Our dog has 11 puppies and all but 4 are no longer living. It has been quite the rough week. I am sending prayers your way!

Tami said...

So sorry about your pupdog! All dogs go to heaven :) he's probably tearing shit up up there

Helene in Between said...

So sorry about your dog :( thinking of you!

Erica said...

I love that you watch Drop Dead Diva, too.

When I moved in with The Boyfriend that was my biggest concern. How the hell was I going to hide all of my terrible television vices?!

He mostly doesn't judge me and sometimes I can even trick him into watching Real Housewives of New Jersey with me.

Savannah said...

I'm sorry about Butch :( That's the worst. Hope you have a good weekend remembering him though!

Stephanie said...

I'm so sorry about Butch :( Nothing sucks more than losing a pet. Even strange carnies putting on a dance recital can't make up for that.

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

Your niece is adorable!!! Sorry to hear about your pup Butch! Dogs are family and losing one is never easy. Remember all the goods times and have a pint or two!

Kim Brown said...

oh no, so sorry about Butch. Thinking of you!

Kristin O said...

:) I think we need to have a date!! I love that you get drunk with your parents. I have to go to Mike's house in order to get drunk with his mom. No one understands us. Holidays were always the two shitfaced drunks. But we're a blast!!!

shannon said...

nooooooooooooo. puppy passings are the worse. like omg i'm kind of crying by myself at my work desk for you.