Wednesday, July 24, 2013

locked up

So, one of the nerdier things I am super into is podcasts. I really can't get enough.

I listen to them everyday on my drive to and from work because the talk radio in these parts sucks.

One of my faves is Alec Baldwin's show Here's the Thing. I am not sure if I actually like the show, or if I just listen because of his dreamy voice.

He sounds like buttah...like up there with Mr. Freeman buttah. I love it a lot.


The episode I listened to last night was an interview with this dude who spent a bunch of years working in the New York prison system. If there is something I love more than Alec Baldwin it is shit about prisons. Creepy, maybe...but I dig anything to do with prisons.

I blame it on my 4th grade Girl Scout leader who took our troop on a field trip to the county jail. Young girls + inmates, am I the only one who felt that was a bit on the odd side?

But I digress, the podcast got me thinking about how much ass it would suck to be stuck in prison. Unless you had really fun cellmates of course, then it might be kind of ok.

I would hate to be locked up, but I can think of a few places I hate even more....



Walmart. I literally feel sick in that store. I dislike the politics of the company and the folks I see in my local branch make me sad for humanity. Real sad.

Any type of auto repair shop. I know nothing about cars and always feel like I am being royally screwed the second I have to deal with anything vehicle related. Plus the only thing to look at is tires..they just don't do it for me.

The dentist...and not for the obvious reasons, no I just cannot stand the taste or smell of the nasty plastic gloves in mah mouth.

Staff meetings at work. I find most meetings pretty pointless, and I always have at least 38 thousand things to do on any given day so I sit there with a sour face the entire time.

Anywhere that I am surrounded by children. See: zoos, some museums, amusement parks, and toy stores. Not a fan of kiddos especially in large quantities.

Being surrounded by super dumb people. I have no tolerance for it. Like Judge Judy says, "Beauty fades, dumb is forever."

That's all I can really think of for now...where is worse than jail in your opinion???

And now, I am going to talk a lil about what inspires this literary gem that is my blog as requested by two members of the bloginati Helene and Sarah.

Today's post was clearly inspired by the most bangable character on 30 Rock, but most of the time I just jot down the weird ideas that pop into my head on my phone and somehow turn it into a post. Occasionally I write based on something I find interesting in the news. I also often write based on crazy shit my friends say and do, or just make a collage and tell you guys about my drunken weekends. If I don't have anything good (and I use the word good lightly) I don't post at all. I really just want to make ya'll bitches laugh now and then and I also want a friend in every state so I have people to party with when I travel.


Helene in Between

18 comments:

Katie said...

last time i was at the dentist they had to prescribe me Xanax for every time i came and visited them in the future it scares me THAT bad there. scary

Chloe said...

I think you're crazy, prison over Walmart?!? Yours must be terrible! When you come to Missouri to party with me we'll go to mine and see how you feel about it!

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

omg i'm constantly surrounded by dumb people. it's called Work.

Venus Trapped In Mars said...

Yeah but, if you get alec baldwin, then how am I going to get alec baldwin? You're right... totally bangable. He is my number one crush. I really hate anywhere with children as well. Walmart not so terrible for me, oddly enough.

Stephanie said...

Yup, walmart! I'd take prison over walmart and for sure I'd take prison over my own personal hell - Chuck E Cheese.

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

I love Alec Baldwin. Love love love.

I am legitimately scared to death I will be found guilty of something I didn't do and tossed into the clink.

Places on par with prison: anywhere where my sister in law is, the south in the summer, city buses, dirty houses.

Robin said...

Alec Baldwin and John Hamm! Tie for most bangable on that show... ;) oh and the DMV, why didn't that make the list?? Love the kids one, so true! And any place where super infants are, the movies, library, church, etc. they cry, don't take them to quite places!

Miss Riss said...

Children and Wal-Mart! Lord no!!!!! I feel like I have no hold my breath whenever I walk into a Wal-Mart. Yuck. And prison shows are the bomb.com. Did you watch the Nat-Geo one where they followed prisoners around for a year? That was good one...

Adriana from Glitter & Sarcasm said...

this is AMAZING. I'm sharing it NOW

Helene said...

First I did not know of this podcast by Alec Baldwin (who I freaking LOVeE) second, bloginati is a freaking cool word. I'm obsessed with it.

Margaret said...

WalMart is worse than jail. Especially because it pretty much combines the other things that are horrible to- huge hoards of crazy children, super dumb people...yep.

Anonymous said...

I agree... Wal Mart is indeed worse than prison. Agree completely. I nominated you for a little award today. :)

Morgan Sparks said...

Take me prison, but don't dare put me near a Walmart. I can't even deal with that place anymore! I will happily spend the extra $ 0.02 and go to Target instead.

Bad Luck Jenn said...

Sadly, I shop at walmart all the time. Please don't stone me!! But frickin children, I die.

Wine and Summer said...

Staff meetings make me want to stab my eyes out...I get oddly excited about Walmart. The horror of it makes me happy lol

Allison Seyler said...

You should totally watch Orange is the New Black (I'M OBSESSED) and then we can chat about which character we are most like.... :)

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

I see dumb people EVERYWHERE!! LOL. Walmart is the worst. I gets hives when i go in there. Too much crazy in one place!! Staff meeting...forget about it!!

shannon said...

OK THANK GOD YOU'D BANG ALEC BALDWIN.
because i would too and i found myself thinking that the other day when one of his gazillion different commercials was on and then i felt weird for thinking it but now i have you and all is right in the world.