Monday, July 8, 2013

Duck, duck, goose



 If you are trying to figure out where to go for your next drunken vacation look no further than North
Carolina. Duck, NC to be exact. Jose and I spent the past few days there sharing a beach house (well mansion if you live in squalor like I do) with 4 other couples.

The house was incredible. We drank a lot, ate a lot, rode our bikes, kayaked, and mostly just hung out at the beach and in the pool and hot tub.

I have never come back from a trip feeling more relaxed.

My skin has transformed from its normal hue of Casper the ghost to normal white girl color. My back side which rarely sees the light of day is more akin to lobster skin than Caucasian but it is getting better by the minute. And don't worry, I mooned everyone multiple times during the trip so they could get a glimpse of my burn.

I kind of wish I was still at the beach right now instead of working, and by kind of I mean 100% wish. I really enjoyed drinking all day long and not changing out of my bathing suit ever.

Hope you guys had a great Fourth of July.




19 comments:

Yammering Yankee said...

Umm I am so jealous that looks awesome!

Helene in Between said...

coming back from vacation is literally the worst. ONE MORE DAY. (forever)

Kailagh Anne said...

This looks great! I am in need of a new vacation spot so this is fantastic. Looks like you all had a wonderful time.

xo. Kailagh

Tiffany Khyla said...

This trip sounds like a blast! Wish I could be at the beach all the time!

Morgan Sparks said...

Looks like so much fun! Coming back to the real world after a vacation however, not so fun..

Stephanie said...

Duck? For real?
I got no sun this weekend, so the casper skin remains. At least I'm not lobster though!

Tami said...

looks like the picture perfect 4th weekend. and first days back BLOW. hope yours is as painful as a day of alcohol withdrawal can be :)

Rachel said...

I love DUCK...and I love shopping there and eating there and everything! Very jealous lady!

Miss Riss said...

"Squalor" - I'm gonna have to add that word to my vocabulary. ...glad to hear your weekend was amazeballs! =)

Stevie C said...

Today is the first time I have ever been happy to be unemployed. It makes the whole coming back from vacation thing easier. We just got back from the beach yesterday and it's pouring rain. So rude.

kathy @ vodka and soda said...

sounds like a wonderful holiday! i miss those days; we used to head over to my friend's cottage but he up and abandoned us and moved to australia!

Jennie said...

That sounds like a fun trip! To bad you had to come back to normal life though! Cant vacations last forever!
Im doing a giveaway on my page tomorrow something that may help you keep that vacation tan!
Check it out!
http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com/

Savannah said...

This place looks awesome! I've never been to North Carolina...I think I might have to try it out at some point

Kristin O said...

Jealous!! That looks like so much fun!!

Chloe said...

Why is vacation never relaxing? I always need a vacation from my vacation. My skin turned lobster colored this weekend too. Oops.

Ashley said...

Completely jealous! a nice cold one on the beach sounds beyond amazing! Sorry you got burnt but I find it pretty funny about your mooning (;

Ashley said...

Completely jealous! a nice cold one on the beach sounds beyond amazing! Sorry you got burnt but I find it pretty funny about your mooning (;

Bad Luck Jenn said...

Looks like fun! Rub some of that "normal white girl color" off on my "Casper ghost white" skin!!

Allison Seyler said...

You uh, forgot to talk about how awesome Ryan and I are... ;)