Monday, July 15, 2013

it's always sunny

I don't want to jump the gun or anything, but I think there is a good chance this might be my best summer yet.

It is only mid-July and I have already done more fun shit than I usually do in an entire year. It's been treatin me good guys, real good.

This past weekend my dear old mom and dad flew into Philly from Detroit and Jose and I drove out to spend the weekend with them.

It was pretty wonderful for three reasons:

1. The rents. It is hard not seeing these crazy kids all the time and having a few days with my parents was amazing. My mom rented a suite so we were able to hang out in the room a fair amount and just enjoy each other's company. My dad had an off color comment for every few minutes which is always a good thing. We made a lot of fun of each other, laughed, and drank too much. I miss um already.



2. The city itself. Philly is one of my favorite cities. If you have never been, go. It is small enough to be super friendly but big enough to be exciting. I absolutely love it. The first time I went there I remember thinking, I could totally live here. That feeling has not changed. The coolest thing we did this trip was the Mural Arts Tour. There are almost 4,000 murals painted on the sides of buildings and whatnot. The tour is a walk around the city highlighting a few of them. Walking around various neighborhoods in cities is among my top favorite things to do anyway, so throw in some art and I am a happy camper.



3. The food and booze. Philly is a great city for food. I happen to be quite the little chow hound so this is a good thing in my book. We had the obligatory cheese steak, but also went to two really great restaurants. Twenty Manning Grill and El Vez. I highly recommend both. Another thing I recommend is staying at the Embassy Suites. They offered a happy hour for hotel guests from 5-7 every night. And I am not just talking beer and wine, I am talking whatever the hell you want to drink. I had four glasses of wine Saturday night and I don't know how many jack and Diets on Friday and that shit was free. Between the four of us we saved an easy 200 bucks on drinks alone. There are some pretty excellent bars in Philly as well, I took full advantage don't you worry.



Hope ya'll bitches (as my dad would say) had a great weekend too.



Sami's Shenanigans

17 comments:

Adriana from Glitter & Sarcasm said...

looks like such a fun weekend!!!

Chloe said...

Your famdamnily seems pretty sweet. And your dad is hilarious. I love off color comments. Shit is awesome. And free booze every night for two hours?!? Hell yeah!!

Helene in Between said...

you are having too much fun and ai love it. i think i might be too. i'm not mad about it. not one bit.

Anonymous said...

Lemme come hang out! I need to have as much fun as you are missy!

Margaret said...

I've always wanted to visit Philly! Will definitely have to have it on the list for places to go soon!

Your parents sounds awesome- glad you had such a great weekend!

Steph G said...

That mural tour sounds awesome. I love Philly too and will be making a return trip sometime soon I hope!

Yammering Yankee said...

Yey looks like you had a blast with your fam!

~Anchored In Christ~ said...

Glad you had a great weekend and I bet it's nice to have awesome rents.

Chelsee W said...

Omgsh these are some seriously cute pics! I love where Jose is sitting in their laps..too cute!

kathy @ vodka and soda said...

awesome and fun post! LOVE the pics and your parents look like they know how to have fun!

kailyn said...

looks like so much fun!! :)

Tiffany Khyla said...

I freaking love Philly! Looks like you had a blasty blast.

Tami said...

I've never been to Philly and now I feel like I'm missing out! Looks like a blast

Miss Riss said...

You are up to a lot of fun shiz...go girl!! And I hate to say it, but I've never been to the east coast. Looks like a blast though!

Kristin O said...

OMH!! Looks like you had an awesome time!! So glad!!

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

I work two blocks from City Hall. I love my city! Glad you had fun.

shannon said...

soooo we're staying at embassy suites when you and i plan our trip to philly right?