Monday, July 22, 2013

monday, monday

Oh Monday we meet again you old bitch.

In case any of you were wondering, I stayed totally true to my weekend goals and steered clear of all alcohol and unhealthy foods.

Just joshing. You should have known that would never happen. I actually behaved like a drunken walrus and ate and drank everything in sight. Maybe next weekend....

Friday night I went to Zumba had a healthy dinner and then practiced applying eyeliner.

I was pretty impressed with myself because it actually looked sort of normal. I didn't even have to make a special trip to the store, because I already had some eyeliner that I purchased a while back to paint fake stitches on my face when I was a zombie for Halloween. Score.

After I had painted my face I knew the world needed to see it, so I texted my favorite neighbor and asked her what they were up to. She told me they were going to the Tiki Bar and to get my ass over there.



I did what I was told.

I was planning to offer to DD so I could stick to my diet, but then I was informed a cab was on it's way to scoop us up so all bets were off, and I had a few shots before we even left.

Once we got there I drank until there was no money left in my wallet. We sang songs to the cab driver on the way back and then I vaguely remember doing fairly consistent shots until 4 am and salsa dancing with my neighbor's husband. Good times.

I awoke Saturday morning at 11:37 am on my couch having missed all my classes at the gym and secretly rejoicing. I toyed with the idea of going for a run then opted for Wendy's chicken nuggets and a lemonade instead.

As rough as I was feeling, and it was rough let me tell you, manfriend had it worse. He did not even emerge from bed until 3 pm. And then it was only to rid himself of some of the toxins he took in. I went to the store and got him some hangover essentials because I'm a little peach like that.

Have you ever tried running errands when you are slightly still drunk/hungover?? It's quite funny. I had to go to three stores because I kept forgetting shit...silly hangover.

Around 4 our buddy came over and we went to the pool. That made us feel delightful and we decided to have a BBQ that evening. We had a few more friends come over and cooked some food and drank some burr. I tried watermelon with chili powder on top, and my life will never be the same.

Oh man, I almost forgot to mention, we also dog sat this weekend. For the most adorable little gentleman named Teddy. He is a tiny yorkie and I love him. He weighs about 4 pounds and Fred clocks in at just under 100, so I spent a fair share of my weekend trying to get them to pose for a photo shoot. I am sad to report I did not get one good photo. I also was unable to get them to share a spaghetti noodle Lady and the Tramp style.



Sunday I assisted my good friend with a work event that required me to deal with small children in 100 degree heat. Yay. The little darlings all seemed to be quite sticky which throughout grossed me out.

She thanked my with free food which I am always a fan of and I proceeded to eat more on Sunday than I normally eat all week. No bueno.

Later that night there was another BBQ and some oysters were involved, I also saw the most perfect rainbow I have ever seen. Sorry this was so long, I just love the weekend too much...have a good Monday guys.



Sami's Shenanigans

20 comments:

Chelsee W said...

Haha gosh I love hearing all your weekend shenanigans. They are always so epic. I knew from the tweet that you were just waking up at 11:30ish that you had a fun night. Congrats on the eyeliner ..it looks great!

Morgan Sparks said...

Sounds like you had an exciting weekend! The eyeliner looks great! Isn't it kind of impossible to eat healthy and not drink on the weekend? It's definitely impossible for me!

Helene in Between said...

I don't think alcohol should count as calories consumed. Especially if you're going to burn it off doing salsa. I'm right, it doesn't count.

Margaret said...

I feel like the weekends that I don't want to drink are the weekends I end up drinking the most!!

And I agree...Monday is a bitch right now.

Tami said...

You did exactly what any 20-something in their right mind would have done when confronted with the age old question--workout or Wendys? Byeeee, all our money!

Chloe said...

Looks like a damn good time. Nice job on the eyeliner. ;) There's always next weekend to not eat and drink. Bahahaha yeah bullshit.

Miss Riss said...

Dang woman, you had a fun weekend!! I loooove Zumba!

Adriana from Glitter & Sarcasm said...

tiny puppy! also I agree with Helene, those calories don't count

Kim Brown said...

Hahaha- a drunken walrus! Sometimes you just need these types of weekends when you're on a healthy plan. 80/20 man!
Eyeliner is lookin' good :)

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

Hangover errands are the freaking worst. The roads are a menace with drivers you have to pay attention to and I walk around stores for days because I keep forgetting things in aisles I've already passed.

Anonymous said...

What an awesome weekend!

When I run errands hungover, I tend to overspend to compensate, in some twisted way, for how much money I spent on alcohol. Weird? Yup. True? Yup.

Katie said...

ugh i hate when im the drunken walrus too :( maybe next weekend for both of us

~Anchored In Christ~ said...

I love the Monday you're a bitch. b/c that's what it is.

love the rainbow pic. pretty. rarely see those here sadly.

looks like you had a great weekend.

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

At least you made it to Zumba on Friday! It was straight down hill from there! Oh but what a ride! Sounds like a blast minus the hangover and the munchies it brings! ;)

Kelly Louise said...

damn, i kinda wanna live in your neighborhood. sounds like a damn blast!

Anonymous said...

"Just joshing." Wow, I haven't heard that in forever. You took it waaayyyy back! Totally jealous of your weekend, it sounds like a damn good time!

Tiffany Khyla said...

Your weekends always look like so much fun! Awesome job on the eyeliner.

Heidi said...

Sleeping till 3 just happens so easily! I'm glad you had an eventful weekend so you could call Monday an old bitch. Bahaha

Davenport Spud said...

So while Detroit is in the death throes of chapter nine mile you leave a pot of cuervo gold at the end of the SMIB rainbow. I don't even know who you are.

By the way your FB post re: me at Yards brewery got me thrown off the church vestry. So I do thank you for that.

And just so you feel badly... I consumed brown rice, rose water and communion wafers all weekend. I could conquer the MFin world.

shannon said...

i'm convinced that we would bring out the absolute worst in each other (but in the best possible way).