Monday, April 15, 2013

What happens when an event planner has a BBQ

We may not have shopping malls or organic grocery stores in Southern Maryland, but we sure have had some beautiful weather lately. Several days last week it go up to 90, with no humidity...AKA amazing.  This weekend was pretty perfect as well so Jose decided to have a BBQ and invited some of his little boyfriends over to grill up a bunch of dead animals and drink too much beer.

He decided to invite me too, because well we live together and he had no other choice. Naturally I had to take over and buy all kinds of accessories.  He really doesn't understand why things have to look good, but we all know food tastes better off a cute plate.  Look at these little gems I found at Target.


And a sweet tie for my little gentleman.  Yes, it says master of the grill.



I also bought cute napkins. I don't understand, none of the guys even commented on the plates. Some of them didn't even use one and just ate with their hands like total barbarians.  Drunk men, what can you do with them.  I'm glad I didn't buy the decorative garland, bacon shaped ice cube trays, and other BBQ accessories like I wanted to because the guys just did not appreciate any of it. What they did appreciate was a crazy ass drunk man that walked up to our party.  We were all sitting around a table on the lawn in front of our apartment, when two men walked up, I assumed they were heading to a neighbors house and just wanted to say hi. Instead they came over, told us they smelled the BBQ and wanted to know if they could eat with us. After a few sentences it was clear that they were bother drunker than I was on my 21st birthday. The younger of the two (they were both over 40) proceeded to tell us how he had been at another cook out and the food was terrible so he was still hungry.  He then pulled a steak out of his pocket.  I repeat, he pulled a steak out of his pocket.  "See how tough it is?" He said.  "I could assault you all with it, your dog won't even eat this steak".  He then threw the steak on the ground and Fred did in fact eat it.

The entire time I was laughing too hard to really figure out what was going on.  He told my girlfriend Natasha repeatedly that she looked mean, and then proceeded to take off with his friend.  I really just want to hang out with these two everyday.  I have no idea how they wound up at our house, they don't live in our complex so it is quite a mystery.


3 comments:

kathy @ vodka and soda said...

you are so lucky to have such gorgeous weather. we had 2 winter storms last week and today is the first day in a while that we've had nice weather...but not as nice as yours!

Helene said...

the weather is so awesome lately a bbq is the only thing you should have! love those napkins!

Unknown said...

I think your plates and napkins are super cute. And your dogs tie? That is too much. Did you get that at Target as well?

I am also cracking up about the steak in the pocket. I had a student eating chicken wings out of his pocket once, so it seems normal.