Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The old ball game

The only thing my boyfriend loves more than craft beer and our dog is baseball.  The man is obsessed.  Luckily I am a fan too, but mostly because I kind of want to bang many of the players and enjoy beer and hot dogs. 

Last night we went to the Nationals game.  The nationals are only my fourth favorite team, but I love the stadium and the tickets were only $9 so I decided to go along...plus I am starting to really enjoy watching the games, which I never thought was possible.  DC is about an hour and 20 minute drive from BFE where we live.  If you don't know what BFE stands for it is basically the middle of nowhere but with a swear word.  You can probably google it.

The evening was really fun, we had a few beers, the Nats won, it was an exciting game, and I was once again reminded I need to move to DC like yesterday.



(My face looks huge here too, I really need to learn to take better pics of myself or I will get fired as a blogger, I swear it's not that big a face)


You may not know this about me but I am a lover of lists.  I have a list for everything under the sun and you are in luck because I decided to make a new one for your reading pleasure.

Things I like about baseball

-Trying to decide which song I would pick to step up to the plate to. 

-The food. We were good last night and brought our own sandwiches...but the nachos looked better. (I also learned if you bring a huge heavy bag filled with bottled water and healthy snacks they won't bother searching it...I am bringing a fifth next time)

-Trying to decide which player I want to sleep with the most.

-Trying to decide which player I want to sleep with the least.

-Listening to the conversations going on around me.

-People watching.

-Cheering and pretending I know what is going on, then asking Jose what happened.

-Paying $9 for a can of beer.  (or $11 for a mixed drink...that might be a better deal)

-Trying to get on TV when they scan the audience.

-Wearing cute hats.

2 comments:

Venus Trapped In Mars said...

Whoa whoa whoa whoa hold up just a minute, please. You mean to say you celebrated opening weekend in Detroit and now have also been to a Nashional's game??? ALREADY?? We are only a week into the season! I need your life.

Stephanie said...

Who doesn't know what BFE is?

Deciding which player I'd sleep with is my favorite part of baseball. Attempted: Every single game. Successful: Twice. Whatever, winning is winning.