Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Spring Break

So Jose has not had to work for the past two weeks.  He is between projects at his job, and they laid him off with pay until the new one starts.  I am incredibly jealous and have been begging my boss to lay me off since I found out. So far I have not had any luck. The first week he spent his time day drinking, hiking, and enjoying the beautiful weather we have been having. Every morning when I woke up to go to work and he was sleeping in, I wanted to kick him...or just stay home with him.

In lieu of his second week of freedom, Jose decided to take Fred the dog backpacking in the Shenandoah Mountains.  They left on Sunday morning, and I now know what parents must feel like when their teenagers go off on spring break. I am worried about my little baby. Speaking of,  I wonder how kids convince their parents to allow them to go on spring break in high school. I remember I thought my parents were the two worst humans on earth when they would not let me go to Acapulco my senior year. I didn't know how they could be so mean. Once I got to college and they could no longer control my travels I went to Jamaica for spring break, I have not been able to look at Red Stripe or rum the same way since. Looking back I now realize why they wouldn't let me go.  Dear lord the bad decisions I made at 20, I cannot imagine being on spring break at 17. I guarantee if I didn't wind up in jail, I would have a Mexican baby and several STDs by now had they let me go to Mexico when I was in high school.




Jose packed his and Fred's backpacks and I'm sure they are having a great time. To be honest I would rather go somewhere tropical than backpacking in the woods for spring break, but I would take any type of vacation I can get at this point. I hope my baby is having a good time, not drinking too much, and putting on his sunscreen.

What was your best spring break?

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

omg Fred's backpacks!! So cute! I agree though, I'd do tropical but anything would be better than nothing. Which is what I currently get...

Anonymous said...

soo cute *.*

NancePants said...

I spring breaked (spring broke?) with 3 of my besties to Myrtle Beach our last semester of grad school. It was amazing. And by amazing, I mean ridiculous. Let's just say that Myrtle Beach isn't really open for business yet by mid-March, so we had a lot of mini golf times and when we went out to the bars, some guy took one look at us and said, "Lemme guess... you guys are teachers or nurses." Uh, no. Deny. But still made for some good memories.