Thursday, April 11, 2013

The juice

For an entire summer about two years ago I was real addicted to this type of juice:





If you have never tried it, it doesn't taste very good but it sure does get you jacked up.  It is probably about the same as drinking seven red bulls and having a few shots of vodka. 

In the last few weeks however I have developed an addiction to a new type of juice:




The kind made from veggies and fruits.  I have always been very into recycling, and using organic products, but for some reason I haven't jumped on the organic/clean eating bandwagon until the last few months.  I am not really sure why, I have alway believed this is a good way to live, but I have been feeding myself crap food for a long time.  I've always eaten a lot of fruits and vegetables (even as a kid I loved brussel sprouts because they looked like heads of lettuce for a Barbie) but in addition to the good foods, I was also consuming a ton of processed foods, fried food, and other junk I know I should not have been eating.

I think I always looked at going to a totally healthy diet as just that a diet.  I hate diets, I hate to be told what to do period to be honest.  I never last long on a diet.  I have sort of ditched that attitude lately though and am eating healthy foods because I want to not because I have to.  Because I like them not because I want to loose weight.  I know why I ate like crap in my younger years and that is because I was in a state of perpetual hangover and we all know junk food is the best cure for that, but the past two years I am only hungover about once a week, so I am not sure why I was continuing to eat badly.

I am not saying I will never eat junk food again, hell no!  I will murder a chili dog when I am drunked up, and if I want some cookies or cool ranch doritos from time to time you bet your ass they are going into my mouth.  I just have been feeling a million times better and am seeing some pounds come off since I stopped trying to diet and just started eating better.



I am no expert on this subject, and there is still a lot of extra junk in my trunk so my health tips are worth about as much as Lindsey Lohan's sobriety advice, but I know how I feel lately and that is good.  Plus they make a lot of organic beers, wines, and vodkas now that it is the trendy thing to do so the lifestyle has been easy to adjust to.  Seriously though, I highly reccomend juicing, I have been starting almost every morning with a glass and I am loving it.

1 comment:

kathy @ vodka and soda said...

that's the best way to approach food - that it is not the enemy! i don't diet either; i think cutting out food groups is just a recipe for disaster. we NEED all food groups to stay healthy and it's all because of marketing companies who have brain-washed the public into thinking that low/no carb/fat is the best way when in fact, it's their way of boosting their sales/profits (because you buy their stuff).

juicing is a great way to get your nutrients!