Monday, April 1, 2013

Weekend Update

I watched quite a lot of The Best of Jimmy Fallon on SNL this weekend so I figured Weekend Update was a fitting title.  I also had another great weekend, making that three in a row and me a happy camper.  Friday night I went to zumba then manfriend, our friend Natasha and i headed to a few local bars.  The first was a brewery to see our pal's band Stereocase play.  They were good as always. 

Around midnight we made our way to a dive bar that to our surprise had a band playing as well.  They were pretty good considering I think they were all in middle school.  I seriously have never seen such youngsters in a bar at night.  They must have climbed out of their windows because there is no way their moms let them hang out in a seedy bar past curfew.  Honestly though this band made me feel old as shit because they looked like toddlers even through I assume they must have been at least 21 to legally be in a bar at that time (right?) who knows maybe they make exceptions for musical babies.
(Stereocase, not the younsters)

Saturday morning I cleaned my house, went to Zumba and a jog, only to undo my workout by eating an obscene amount of Mexican food for lunch.  That night manfriend held a beer tasting at our house.  (This is the second of many we will probably have).  Basically we have a bunch of good friends over, eat amazing appetizers, and get real wasted on expensive beer that we drink from tiny glasses.   Manfriend is very, very into craft beer.  He loves to shop for beer more than I love to shop at Target.  He will drive hours to get his paws on a rare beer...some may call it an obsession, I just call it alcoholism.  We had a great time and manfriend made lamb chops which I found kind of creepy considering it was the day before Easter, but at least there was no rabbit on the menu.  The next morning I woke up to beer bottles all over the floor a very sticky table and manfriend passed out on the couch.  I am normally pretty good about cleaning up before I go to bed, so I must have had a real good time.


(I dunno why manfriend has his eyes closed, and yes that mason jar is moonshine, and no I did not have any)


Sunday we went to a friend's house for Easter dinner with her family and some other friends.  It was really nice to be with a family on Easter since we didn't get to spend it with our own rents.  We ate a ton of delicious food and even got Easter baskets.  Mostly we just hung out and talked and laughed and it was perfect.  And as a result of this weekend I cannot eat any food for at least two months.  And by two months I mean until noon today. 



Hope the bunny was good to all of you!



No comments: