Thursday, June 27, 2013

Ways that yoga is like real life...

If you follow me on tweeter or read this blog, you know I am almost as obsessed with yoga these days as I am with wine. Almost.

I am not sure if it is the challenge factor, the desire to get really good, or the fact you don't have to wear shoes that I like most...but whatever it is I am hooked.

I have discovered many ways it parallels with real life during classes.


One of the key components to yoga is balance. I am trying to incorporate lots of balance into my everyday life. I do this by combining multiple yoga classes and runs during the week with copious amounts of high calorie alcohol on the weekends. I also indulge in chicken wings from time to time. I hear they are good for the soul.

Anyway here is a drink that is one of my absolute faves. It has cucumbers in it, so it is very good for you as well. Namaste.

The Cucumber fresh

Ingredients:

Melon Flavored Vodka 
Cucumber Slices
Soda Water
Simple Syrup

Directions:

Muddle 2 cucumber slices in the bottom of a glass
Add ice
Pour in a whole bunch of melon vodka
Add one small splash of simple syrup
Top off glass with soda water (I use about a 4 to 1 vodka to soda ratio but I am a lush so adjust to your liking)
Garnish with a cucumber slice on the side. It's a must.

Hopelessly Ever After

14 comments:

Amanda said...

"Yoga pants make everyone's ass look good." Haha this is so great and SO true! I started doing yoga last year and stopped after a few weeks. I loved it and need to get back into it again!

Savannah said...

Ah I LOVE yoga! And I love this post! Everything is so true haha I started yoga again last week and am so happy

Anonymous said...

Yum!!! That drink sounds delish!

Also, I love yoga pants.

Adriana from Glitter & Sarcasm said...

not motivated enough for yoga. I'll try getting the cute outfit tho and see if that helps

Helene said...

That drink!!!!! Can I have one now!

Carly @ The Pinot Project said...

That drink sounds amazing. I love that you called it tweeter...I do that all the time and my husband makes fun of me. It is either that or THE twitter.

Venus Trapped In Mars said...

I don't like yoga, but I do like drinking. I can deal with pilates, does that work for you?

Unknown said...

This drink sounds delicious! We found cucumber vodka the other day, and it was really refreshing.

I've never gotten into yoga. I just get bored and I feel like I'm not working out. I know long time yoga-ing is beneficial, but i aint got time for that.

Kristin O said...

This looks awesome!! Thanks for linking up!! I'll get all your stuff to you by this weekend. I promise!!

Kailagh Anne said...

This drink sounds amazing! Need to try it asap. Also its true, yoga pants really do make all asses look great.

xo. Kailagh

ChickadeeSays said...

I love this post- so true!

xx Kait

xx Kait | ChickadeeSays |ChickadeeSays Bloglovin

Steph G said...

I love yoga pants and I love drinking... so maybe I'll love yoga too. Doesn't work like that? At least I tried.

shannon said...

yoga + shannon = shannon just laying on the mat hating her life.

Allison Seyler said...

Stealing this!