Friday, June 21, 2013

honey you baked.

It was a good week, but it dragged a little ass if you ask me.

Here are some photos of what I have been up to....I know you might not care, but to be honest I just really enjoy making collages.




1. Back in the olden days I used to be a long distance runner. When I graduated from high school however, I traded my Nikes in for Miller Lite and never looked back. About two months ago for some reason Jose and I decided it would be cute to start running together. To be honest I have fucking hated every minute of it. Don't get me wrong, I feel good after, in a wahoo you weren't a fat lard today kind of way, but I have struggled with almost every run. Until Tuesday night that is. Tuesday night was the first run I have really really enjoyed. I went alone at about 9:30 pm and it felt great. I do not know if it was the cool night air, the Alabama Shakes on my iPhone, the lack of dog and boyfreind, or what, but it was some good shit. This photo is how sexy and sweaty I look after a run. I went again last night and it didn't suck either. Let's hope this continues.

2. I pretended to be Stephanie from the blog Bourbon and Glitter this week when I made my first ever batch of booze cupcakes. One of my best pals loves huckleberry flavored vodka and her going away party was this week so I figured it was my civic duty. I cheated a lot, because I used a boxed cake mix (I'm sorry I hate baking, something to do with actually following instructions throws me off every time). I did make the frosting from scratch though. I mixed two packages of cream cheese with about two cups of powdered sugar and a few shots of the vodka and blended it. They came out awesome and I got pretty drunk during the process.

3. This little blog of mine, I'm gonna let it shine! I am super excited that this silly blog now has over 100 followers. I know this is nothing compared to some, but I feel like a gazillion bucks. I cannot thank you all enough for following, and commenting, and being excellent. As a thank you to my loyal readers, I purchased myself a new pair of sunglasses and my first hair wand. I imagine it will be pretty hilarious and post worthy when I attempt to use said wand for the first time, so it really is a gift for you all.

4. My friends and I bid farewell to a member of our crazy little family on Wednesday night. We decorated the back room of her favorite bar and had a good old time. We took awkward family photos, gave her gifts, ate, drank, and really just enjoyed our last night together. I'm going to miss that bitch.

5. It's a hard knock life for an event planner. This weekend is the first weekend in the entire month of June I have not had to work. You read that right, I have worked every damn weekend this month. Jose and I have no plans other than a birthday party tonight. I hope to spend a lot of time at the beach and pool so my legs can turn from their current hue of blinding white to just regular person color. I will probably do some running, and will definitely be doing some drinking as well.

Hope you guys have a great weekend.




 photo H54Fbutton-1_zpsa7aaa665.png

11 comments:

Nini Kat said...

Trading running for beer? Sounds like a great plan! lol But I'm good job on the progress! I want to try those cupcakes. I tried to make something similar from pinterest and it was a huge failure.

Adriana from Glitter & Sarcasm said...

I just wanna hang out with you.


and duh you have over 100 followers! you're kick ass

Yammering Yankee said...

Whoop Whoop to you on the 100 followers wish I could follow like 11 thousand time you are just that good. Thank you for sharing your booze cupcakes with the blogospher I am going to have to try them out.!

Cassidy C. said...

I made margarita cupcakes for drinko de mayo (we celebrate 'Cinco de Mayo' the entire month of May in our house) and they were so good! Box or no box I don't think you can go wrong with cupcakes in general haha.. Have a great weekend!!

Chloe said...

Look at you. How suzy home maker! lol.

Can you send some of your motivation this way? Preferably in the form of a bottle. =)

And I'm jealous of your job. I think event planning is soooo interesting!

Anonymous said...

Yum to those cupcakes, yay to 100 FOLLOWERS!, and lovin' those sunnies.

As for the running, night running is ALWAYS the best. I love goin' for runs at nights. I forgot about that. Maybe that will help get my motivation back. I used to get out of work at midnight and I would run from 1230 am to 130 am. It was awesome.

Stephanie said...

Yay to all those followers, GO YOU.
I'm so glad you made some boozy cupcakes, they are just so tasty :)

Helene said...

Running sucks, I can't even imagine running together, nooo thanks haha but that's awesome. And yay for 100!! Everyone starts somewhere and 100 is a huge milestone! Congrats!!!

kathy @ vodka and soda said...

i've been MIA on the interwebz because of my damn job and i really want to kick it in the vagina. hard.

but i read you post and i want to say good for you for enjoying your run! personally, i cannot workout with anyone; i am in my zone when i workout and all the yammering from people around me make me mad and ruins my workout mojo. i tried to workout with my husband who, after every set, came up to me to see what i was doing/how i liked it at his gym etc, and i had to tell him to do a little less talky and a little more move over there because he was annoying me!

my point: it's like you enjoyed your run more because you had your thoughts to yourself and were able to enjoy doing this for yourself.

Kelly said...

I agree, cute collage! I found your blog through the Chelsea's Souther Beauty giveaway and I am so glad I did, I love it and I am now following you!

xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

shannon said...

but seriously. who even invented running? i hate it and i'm over it and i wish people would stop trying to make it a thing.

BUT - if you had that plate of cupcakes an unusual distance from me (as in not right next to me) then i would run to them. so basically i'm a liar.