Friday, June 7, 2013

Dinner at my place

So I obviously love a good party. Any kind really. I even get jazzed up for a good work potluck.

Like real jazzed up.

I also happen to be in love with dinner parties. Particularly hosting them.

I personally think the dinner party is totally underrated. They are amazing, and an excellent way to have some fun on a week night without feeling like total death the next morning.

I attended/hosted two this week.

The first was Monday when I met a group of several friends at a local pub for wing night. I had a Miller Lite for dinner and it was to die for. I guess this isn't really a dinner party per se...more like going to the bar on a Monday night, but whatever.

Going out to dindin with a group of good friends is about as fun as it gets. Unless all your friends are real wasted and can't figure out how to split a tab and make you do the math, I hate math.

Perhaps even better than a dinner out on the town is having the ones you love over for what I like to call Family Dinner Night. My family lives a zillion miles away these days so I make all my friends call themselves my family. They like it because I feed them.

I love having my friends over for a good meal and some drinks, I love it so much. It is fun trying out new recipes and if you are broke or lazy make spaghetti. You can  literally feed about 38 people for seven dollars so you can't beat it.

Wednesday night I made a big anti pasta salad and brushetta. It was a hit and the weather was gorgeous so we were able to eat outside...always a plus.

I really need a bigger place though because I want to start giving my little dinners a theme. I am itching to have a Mad Men theme dinner...I am pretty sure my friends will stop coming when I start adding themes, but we shall see.



We may or may not have busted out into this song at this weeks family dinner.


10 comments:

Rachel said...

My dogs would be in heaven if they could do that!

Kristin O said...

Would you believe that my friends hardly want to come over for dinner?? They come over all the time to hang out for games or fight nights, but dinner is just too much. lol. I have been trying for years.

Anonymous said...

Spaghetti is the best dinner choice ever. Cheap and yummy!

I looove having dinner parties, but they rarely happen around here. My friends would rather go out to a bar and lush it up. :)

I am TRYING to have a girly slumber party sometime soon, complete with yummy dinner, but we'll see how that goes.

Kim Brown said...

I love dinner parties, but never to seem to have them. I have been planning my "southern" themed one for two years now!
Fred- that's gross!

Helene said...

sounds like such a blast! i love dinner parties!

Venus Trapped In Mars said...

I wish I could cook... Oh wait, I'll just come over.

Maggie said...

I am moving in two months and I am already planning my mad men house warming party. It's going to be amazing. I love dinner parties!

Stephanie said...

OMG Fred with all that food!!! I love him.

Merchon said...

I love hosting dinner parties! We have people over on sundays to grill and it is my fav. Although most of the time we do wake up feeling like death.

What do you use to add the text and arrows to your pictures?
Thanks

20somethingbusinesswoman.com

shannon said...

nothing makes me happier than other people drinking their dinner. HOORAY FOR US.