Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Shit I Never Ever Thought I Would Do

As I have mentioned about 345,939 times on this here blog, I moved from Detroit to rural ass Maryland two years ago. While I have always enjoyed nature and being outdoors, I am a city girl.

In the last two years I have done things I never expected, and while they are certainly character building...this place is still not really my style.

Without further ado, here is some country ass shit I find myself doing on the regular:

-Purchasing hay (or maybe it's straw..IDK) multiple times a year for work.

-Shopping at the tractor supply store...yup went there yesterday to buy stuff for work. This is possibly the only store in America where I don't feel compelled to buy something.

-Dealing with children getting bit by ponies at my events.

-Interacting a great deal with War reenactors. This is a special breed of people. I love um, even though I don't understand um.

-Visiting an archaeology site several times a month. I just can't get into it. And I hate digging.

-Passing more horses than cars on my drive to work.

-Driving around in a Gator. I won't lie this is one of my favorite things on Earth.

-Worrying about getting ticks when I go running or hiking.

-Picking crabs...I have only done this twice. It is too much work for me. I'm over it.

There are more...but it is time for this kid to get back to work.



My ride at work...I love it. I love it so much. 

9 comments:

Chloe said...

Ugh ticks are so gross. So so so nasty. My manfriend lives out in bfe and every time I go outside I have to worry about them. I feel your pain.

Kim Brown said...

I had no idea what a Gator is, but it looks amazing. Is MD really that bad- I'm getting scurrred. PS Love the new blog design!

Anonymous said...

Yay to gators... gross to ticks... and picking crabs... um... are you talking about what I think you are? Haha.

Cortney said...

Being from upstate NY, I used to do a lot of these things and the reg and now I don't anymore and it kinda makes me sad. I feel like my post would be the opposite of this so way more boring

Helene said...

Oh man I can't even imagine, especially the ponies biting children

Carly @ The Pinot Project said...

I am totally jealous of that gator and I laughed out loud at not wanting to buy anything in the tractor supply store. I joke to my husband that Cabela's is probably the only store in the world where I wouldn't be able to find something to buy. Who are we kidding though, I'm sure I'd come up with something.

Yaya said...

That gator looks pretty awesome. Like a golf cart of steroids.

Stephanie said...

Haha I am not jealous of any of that, I'm a city girl!

shannon said...

the mere mention of ticks gives me the shudders. ack. just ack.