Thursday, May 30, 2013

A timeline of my life through booze



Button

1999- At the ripe old age of 14 I got shwasted for the very first time. My then (and still) best friend and I filled up pop cans with my parent's booze when they were having a party. That weekend we snuck down to my basement and downed shot after shot of whiskey for her and vodka for me. I was pretty hardcore as a child.

2002-2003- After such a harsh introduction to the devil's water, I did not drink again until my senior year. This time around I changed my poison to Mike's lemonade and Five O'clock vodka. My mom will deny it, but I used to give her $6 and she would buy me a fifth of Five O'clock on the weekends. I would then mix it with OJ and chain smoke newports. Pure class.

2003-2005- When I arrived at college I lived on keg beer and pucker. I would literally split a fifth of cherry pucker with my neighbor in the dorms almost every weekend. Yuck. I also from time to time when watching calories would fill a water bottle with vodka and a Crystal Light packet. It's actually quite good.

2006- By my junior year I had left the pucker for the kids and traded over to team Captain. My college roomate and I would wait on our nerd neighbor's porch after class and flirt with him until he would buy us a half gallon. We would mark the bottle at the halfway point with a sharpie so we would know when to quit.

2007- When I turned 21 and started hitting the college bars every night my go to drink was vodka tonic and  fruity shots. I despise tonic water and fruity shots these days. Too much of a good thing I guess.

2008-2009- After college I was feeling real classy. I had a big girl job that paid a whopping $24,000 a year, so naturally I chose to drink the most expensive thing you can drink: martinis. I still love a good stiff one.

Now- I wish I could say I gave up the hard stuff but honestly I just switch it up a little more these days. Nine times out of ten at a bar I order Jack and diet. If I am home it's usually red wine. I also frequently get down with the craft beer and have been known to put a hurt into some Fireball whiskey. I will also always, always love my Miller Lite.




16 comments:

Nini Kat said...

You had a cool mom! And youre a badass for starting with vodka. I was all smirnoff ice for the better part of high school/early college. Then the Sex and the City Cosmo craze of course.

Adriana from Glitter & Sarcasm said...

This is such a fabulous post. I feel everyone went thru a really shitty vodka stage

Davenport Spud said...

What is this??? It tastes like it was distilled from baby angel wings..

Did you know that Jesus stole hot damn out of his Dad's liquor cabinet. WE went to high school together.. The only Jew in my homeroom.

Rachel said...

HAHA thats awesome!! I have to say..I never could do the pucker!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Yea.. my first drink was a shot of Firball my dad gave me... I love a good cold miller lite!!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Drunk at 14! Hahaha!

I waited until I was 21 to drink, if you can believe that. Even when I would get into clubs underage, I wouldn't drink! I was crazy!

Dirty martinis have always been and will always be my thing. And vodka tonic. But I prefer the vodka tonics with grape vodka.

One of my friend's sisters came out with us (when she was 14) to a local county Fourth of July Jamboree. I got her drunk in Smirnoffs. Needless to say, she won't touch them.

Oops, breaking the law!

Yaya said...

Ah, Miller Lite, can't go wrong.

Cortney said...

I started drinking at 14 too! Go us. Mine was a bottle of Bicardi Limon that I chipped my tooth on. Don't even like pouring shots that involve Bicardi Limon now.

kathy @ vodka and soda said...

LOL i also started drinking young - at 15. i went to my sister's college and she snuck me into the club. then for the next 10years, i partied HARD.

these days, my old body can't handle a hangover so i'll have the odd drink here or there but i can't get wasted like i used to otherwise it'll take me a week to recover.

Kristin O said...

Similar experience to your start. We used to get belligerent every weekend in middle school. Then, one night my friend threw up on my foot. Done! Stopped drinking until college. Even went through senior week in Cancun without drinking. lol.

Oh how I love the alcohol now!!

Kristin

Chelsee W said...

Oh..I love your posts..every week is such a treat! Thanks for linking up again! Have a great afternoon!

Kim Brown said...

Ahhhahaha- we drank handles (jugs?) of wine in college. I loved me some Captain and Pucker in college too :)

Stephanie said...

Bahaha it's like reading my life story

Heidi said...

Bahahaha! First time I got drunk I was 16 and it was off Coors light and wine coolers. Wish I could do a similar post but my family readers would DIE!
Y'all were super smart to draw a lime on the bottle!

Unknown said...

I just wonder if we were seperated at birth. I honestly could say my drinking life had this exact same record except I was smart and got an older boyfriend in college

shannon said...

JUST RECENTLY indulged in the fireball. and i definitely don't hate it. i cannot handle anything fruity. not at all.