Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A little drunken beach getaway


So I promised Jose I would take him on a weekend adventure for his birthday, that was back in February so in traditional slacker style we got around to taking that trip this past weekend.

Friday afternoon Jose and Fred scooped me up from work and we made the 3 hour trek to Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. Neither of us had ever been, but the Dogfish Head Brewery is there and Jose gets all hot and bothered for craft beer so we decided it was the perfect location.

I did not know before arriving, but quickly learned Rehoboth Beach is a shopper's paradise. Unfortunately my finances are in a bit of a pickle this month so I did not get to shop to the extent I would have liked....mark my words I will be back.

When we got in that night, we checked into our shitty motel room...it smelled like play doh and had bedspreads from the 80s...yikes. We then got ourselves gussied up and made our way to the Dogfish Head brew pub. We had a great dinner, listened to the band and tried some of the beers. Then I noticed they served samplers of the liquor they distill. Naturally I ordered that shit. I feel like I was pretty well behaved on Friday night, but I did take a little tumble when we walked the boardwalk that night, I blame my wedge heels not myself.

Saturday we toured the brewery which was really fun, I bought a bunch of beer paraphernalia, and we tried some more samples. Afterwards we went back to the motel got the baby and took him for a walk. We walked a few miles around the town until we found a bar where they allow 100 pound dogs to hang out. We had some lunch and beers. Then we ventured to the beach, it was too cold to swim or anything but it was still really nice to walk around and Fred dug it.

There was a liquor store right across from our motel so we decided when we got back to have a few cocktails before dinner. We had a late lunch so we figured we could eat around 9. Fred passed the F out, he really enjoyed having his very own bed. We sat in the parking lot like the classy group we are and drank Miller Lites. Jose researched restaurants on his phone. After two and a half beers I was feeling quite saucy so we decided to hit the town. I told Jose I was no longer hungry and that we should just drink dinner that night. And that we did. I don't remember a whole lot except I consumed about 400 shots of fireball and at least two kegs of Miller Lite. Apparently we got pizza around 2am and I was really mad they wouldn't put artichokes on it. I had a crush on a lesbian and made best friends with a middle aged man from Virginia. So all in all a pretty typical night for me.

Sunday we walked the boardwalk with Fred then headed home. If you ever get the chance check out the Delaware beaches...they are quite nice!


Helene in Between

12 comments:

Kim Brown said...

Sounds like fun! I have heard Rehoboth is nice, now I'm checking it out for sure (for the beer :))

Tami said...

This sounds like a vacation I could get down on. I love breweries, beach towns and getting drunk in parking lots! And my boyfriend has an ugly Dogfish Head shirt that I hate so maybe I could find a less hideous replacement.

Anonymous said...

This sounds so fun!

I can't even begin to tell my husband about this post. He went to U of D and says that he want to move back to Delaware asap. :)

Helene said...

this sounds just like my kind of getaway!! although i am so bad when there is good shopping around despite my bank account. looks like y;all had but, I need to check out this beach!

Anonymous said...

Oh and 400 fireballs, a lesbian, AND a middle aged Virginian? Great time!

Heidi said...

My husband are very guilty of having liquid dinners and then pizza (or hot dogs!) at 2AM! So fun!
Looks like a great weekend!

Cortney said...

Drinking dinner is a regular thing for us. What a fun getaway and awesome that you could bring Fred!

Chelsee W said...

This sounds like so much fun, getaways are always so much fun!!!

Stephanie said...

Sounds hilarious and fun. Hawkeye's favorite thing is hotels, I have to get 2 queen beds no matter who's going with me, cause she has to have one all to herself.

Rachael Claire said...

The shoes are ALWAYS to blame. I have a pair of black heels that I have destroyed from tripping that are my designated party shoes! Liquid dinners are my fave!

emi said...

fun! here's to travel! XO
the well-traveled wife

shannon said...

classiness at its finest.
maybe next time get some 40s.