Friday, May 24, 2013

Oh hey Friday












       
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              1. Most of my week (Sunday-Wednesday) was spent at a work conference. As you can imagine, I spent Thursday after work spending quality time with my son. I enjoyed putting my name tag from the conference on him, and making him wear it all evening. We went to a BBQ with some neighbors and I let him take it off then so the other dogs wouldn't be jealous.

2. I cannot even explain how much I dug the conference I attended, or I will loose my reputation as a total snot...but spending a week learning about really cool shit going on in the museum world was fantastic. I love my job, and being around new interesting people in my field reinforced the fact that I am in the right career, and doing what I love.

3. The convention center had a whole bunch of companies set up showing their insanely expensive exhibit designs, products, etc... This was my favorite booth. Who knew old Abe likes Natty Boh? Learn something new everyday I tell you.

4. My co-worker and I crashed a party hosted by the conference. You were supposed to pay 35 dollars...screw that. We just walked in and no one threw us out. It was held at one of my all time fave museums the AVMA. It was pretty amazing because they had free drinks and you could make hats in the art lab. It is also just an amazing place. You should probably go.

5. This plethora of happiness is the supply my boyfriend purchased for he and I to take to Dell Fest (A bluegrass music festival) this weekend. We are heading there today and staying until Monday morning. So somehow we have to drink all that booze in three days. I think we can do it.

 photo H54Fbutton-triangle_zps678b65ba.jpg

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a good Memorial Day weekend!!!! Where's the Dell Fest at?!?! Your baby boy is adroable BTW!!! :-)

Unknown said...

There is a conference that I go to in the summer (well, I went last year and I applied for $$ to go this year) and I totally get it. When you are surrounded by people that understand what you do, and you are learning more cool shit about your job that you love, its amazing!

shannon said...

how am i just finding out you love museums? i love them too. we should get drunk and romp around in some.