Thursday, May 23, 2013

Adult Spring Break 2013


I just got back from a four day conference for work. If you have ever been to a multi-day conference, you know it is pretty much like an Adult Spring Break.

If you haven't been to one, try and find a job where they send you to at least one conference a year. You won't regret, it I swear.

Basically your company will pay for you to travel somewhere, buy you a hotel room, and purchase all your meals all so you can get drunk in a new city.

This time the conference was in Baltimore, which isn't too exotic for me since I go there like every month, but hey I'll take what I can get. 

The conference itself was pretty sweet, and I really learned a lot and met some cool kids. I also got to witness a 3D printer in action (bottom left picture) that was neato.

But who gives a shit about the daytime, the evening is when conferences really get great.

Like any good spring breaker, I made lots of questionable decisions...

....I crashed a party.

....Drank my dinner the first night.

....Wore stupid shoes causing my poor toes to get blisters.

....Met up with friends and stayed out way later than I should have while singing "it's raining men" to everyone I passed on the streets.

...stopped to take pictures of a baggie of coke or crack (sorry I'm not an expert) I saw on the sidewalk during my morning run.

....got shit faced on free red wine at the "Professional Networking" happy hour.

....woke up 12 minutes before I needed to be in a session the last day. Winning always.


Button

11 comments:

Kristin O said...

Haha. My school sends me to a conference once a year. Also in Baltimore!! This year I think I made it to one workshop and my work partner and I decided to hit up some good bars and restaurants the rest of the day. My husband got to come for the night (FREE ROOM) and we had awesome tickets to an Orioles game, went to Fell's Point, and hit up The Blue Moon cafe for some delicious Cap'n Crunch French Toast. Yummm!!!

And, while my school doesn't pay for alcohol, they pay for all your food!! Plus we got money for mileage since I said I took my own car and we got back way more than we put into it. lol.

Kristin
www.hopelesslyeverafter.blogspot.com

Wine and Summer said...

Haha conferences are always the best. The first one I went on was when I was interning and it was in Vegas. It was literally a complete shit show.

kathy @ vodka and soda said...

haha so awesome. my last company used to send me all over for "training" and by training, i mean getting shit-faced on company dime. and my husband always rode on my coat-tails so i had a sidekick. it was awesome.

Carly @ The Pinot Project said...

Conferences are genius. Paid effing vacation from work. I generally go to two per year and meet up with my friends from grad school, go to the session we are presenting at, and then proceed to day drink and eat the rest of the time all while being legitimately absent from work.

God I love conferences.

Chelsee W said...

I must say that I wait all week to read your Thursday post! You live the most adventurous and fun life. Thanks for linking up again with Steph and I!

Heidi said...

Sounds like you did it right!
I have my first conference with my new company at the end of July. I'm pretty sure we sing karaoke one night. Can't wait to imbibe with the co-workers!

Venus Trapped In Mars said...

Never been to a conference for work, per say. But boat shows for work, #bam, free booze for all!

Stephanie said...

Hahaha I feel so sad I don't have work conferences!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE those kind of conferences, I actually went to my first one this year for work and We were drunk pretty much the whole three days!!!! :-) I loved it. Hoping I get to go back next year!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like my kinda spring break!

Found your blog from Helene's and love it!

(Just kidding... I already knew you.) :) We're gonna write that book together, remember?

shannon said...

holy shit snacks.
drunk in a new city? free meals?
it's like a dream come true.
pack me in your suitcase next time.