Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Birthday Boy


Last night, manfriend and I celebrated his birthday.  His actual birthday was Sunday, but thanks to his a-hole job he spent that entire day sleeping and working.  I did get him carry out breakfast, so obviously it was a day to remember.  He had last night off for a change, so we went out to a nice little restaurant for some dinner and drinks.  Everything was really good, even though the celebration wasn't really our typical sort....

(My favorite part of any meal)

We prefer to celebrate by doing things such as: traveling to new cities we have never been drunk in, spending money we don't have on fancy hotels in DC then not remembering how we got back to them, or having a bunch of friends over and me getting so drunk I am embarrassed to face any of them for the next few weeks.

This year we couldn't do that though, so we kept it local and tame.  For his gift however, I did present him with a homemade gift certificate (I am adorable like that) redeemable for an overnight stay in a surprise location.  He doesn't read this blog so I can give it away a little, the trip will involve a brewery tour and lots of bar hopping.  He will love it.

For those of you who don't know my manfriend, he is a really fun dude.  He is nice to everyone, hardly has a mean word to say, makes friends literally everywhere he goes, and is quite funny if I do say so myself!  You would probably like him a lot.  His name is Jose so obviously I call him Jose Jalapeno, or sometimes Juan or Joyce (my dad gave him that nickname and I love it!)

I really like texting him at least a thousand times a day....mostly I send him photos of our dog Fred.


No comments: