Tuesday, February 5, 2013

all the single ladies

So I am not a mushy, boyfriend worshiping type of lady; in fact, most days I would rather be single (just kidding manfriend I luv you!).

I am currently on day two of manfriend's new work schedule and I miss the shit out of him!!

For the next 7 weeks, he will be working 6pm-6am Wednesday-Monday.  That's right; 12 hour shifts, 6 days a week.  I work 8-5 like a normal American, so this means we will rarely see each other.

Last night was his first shift.  He was gone by the time I got home.  I spent the night watching girly shit on TV and hanging with baby dog.  It was actually kind of nice to spend some one on one time with my son.  I even cooked us a nice dinner.

I could tell Fred was confused by the lack of dad in his apartment though.  He would look out the window anytime he hard a car, and around 10pm as I was sitting on the couch, he got up went into our room and came back carrying mandfriend's hat!! 

Around 1am when I had just fallen asleep my pup decide to start barking at the top of his dog lungs.  I thought one of two things: either a robber is trying to get in, or my dog is going to poop/puke all over the floor.  I would be ok with the robber, Fred is a 100 pound pitt bull mix, I don't think anyone would mess with him.  I figured he had to go out.  I opened the door and he just stood there looking at manfriend's empty parking space...I think he was just really sad!

Manfriend got home around 6:30am just as I was waking up.  We spent a few minutes together before I went to work.  It is going to be a weird few weeks. 

I am going to need to make an effort to get up and get ready earlier (no small feat for me!) so we can spend an hour or so together in the AM.

We will have weekend days to hang out and Tuesday nights, but it will still be odd.

Also, I am very jealous of how much my dog missed him,  I hope to god if I am gone all night sometime he will bring manfriend an article of my clothing!

(Where the F is DAD!)

No comments: