Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I was almost that guy

I tried a new class at my gym last night.  It was a flow class which mixes yoga, pilates, and some other shit.  I figured I love blended wines so this would probably be great too.

I have only taken about 5 yoga classes, I know there are all different types because I googled it once, but all the previous classes I have been to have been super relaxing and stretchy and totally not a hard work out.  I have loved them all. Anytime I can lay on the ground and stretch out like a lazy bum is good with me.  This new class was not what I was expecting, it was hard as hell.  Hard in a good way of course, I am sore as all getup today which I guess is what you want from a workout.  I felt like a bit of a beached whale attempting most of the moves last night but I will be back to perfect my skills next week.  I even tried to get up at 6am for the early bird class this morning, but we all know how much i love waking up....so I got coffee at WaWa and ate an English muffin instead.

The very end of class was the relaxation/meditation session, aka my jam! There I was laying on my back doing the happy baby pose when it happened, my throat started to tickle like mad!!! I thought no way, I can't be that guy who starts hacking up a lung in yoga class!! I kept swallowing my spit (gross) trying to make the urge to cough like a 50 year old chain smoker go away....

Some how I made it through without coughing, I ran out of class as soon as it ended and coughed my little heart out.  I am so glad i didn't embarrass myself on night one, there is plenty of time for that if i keep going.  Why do I always have to cough in the most innapropriate times such as church, during meetings, and funerals?? I don't get it.  Sometimes it happens even when I am not sick.

I did forget my yoga mat at the gym due to rushing out of the class however, I hope some a-hole doesn't steal it, but then again not really because if it gets jacked I have a reason to buy a new one at Target. 

No comments: