Tuesday, January 14, 2014

this one time in New Orleans

Guess what??

Friday, manfriend and I jetsetted off to the Big Easy...just because.

True, we just returned from a nine day vacation in Michigan.

Also true, we took a mini getaway to Baltimore to ring in the new year in a nice hotel.

Even truer, we are broke.

But hell, we love to travel so we did.

It was the first visit for both of us and we spent Friday-Monday doing all kinds of ragin' cajun shit.

And it was fabulous.

I'm not really sure what I expected but the Big Easy exceeded it.

I loved the food, the people, the music, my god the music, the booze, the energy, the beautiful buildings, the history, all of it.

We got real rowdy Friday and Saturday night, kept it a little classier on Sunday and spent our days walking around every inch of the gorgeous city.

We ate like fat kids, and drank like drunk kids. I managed to escape hangovers and even went for a nice run one morning.

If you have ever thought about going, just do it. You won't be sorry.

our sweet ass room at the Blue Green Resort
 
the buildings killed me.

before I lost the ability to walk...
 
just a little mansion, no big deal.
 
giant ass frozen sangria!
 

20 comments:

Jess @ Living On Sweet Tea said...

New Orleans is an entity of its own. It's such a weird mix of everything but the food is so good!

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

NOLA is on my bucket list!!!

kathy
Vodka and Soda

Merchon @ Merk and her Mastiff said...

How fun! Travel is the best, and when is a better time to do it than now. I can't wait to visit the big easy! Glad you had a blast!

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

I really need to go there. I love old mansions. Was that really a chair on the ceiling?! How cool!

Jordan said...

Haven't been in years but it's so close so hopefully I can make it soon. The food is phenomenal and Bourbon St... is self explanitory.

Tracie Everyday said...

It sounds like you guys had a blast! I love New Orleans and you are right, it is beautiful!

Morgan Sparks said...

"We ate like fat kids and drank like drunk kids" - Best. Line. Ever. Also, that's what you're supposed to do in Nola! I'm glad yall had fun! New Orleans is definitely one of my favorite places to visit.

Tami said...

UGH, so jealous of your trip. God I miss that city. If you go without me again we are no longer friends.

Margaret said...

I have been wanting to go to New Orleans SO BAD!! I think we might need to make that our next trip!

Stephanie said...

It looks so fun! I want to go, it's on my list.

Monica L said...

I want to go so badly!!! The Boy & I almost went for NYE but we were worried about getting stuck with snow on the way there or back

Helene in Between said...

ummm how awesome is this. you just gotta live. that's what i tell myself anyway when i look at my bank account.

Kristie's Blue Jeans said...

I love that you took so many trips. Oh and I am REALLY jealous! I can't wait to make my way to the Big Easy!

Miss Riss said...

I'm jealous that New Orleans is just a quick trip for you...a quick trip around these parts is basically southern CA and that's it. Although southern CA isn't terrible. But I've heard amazing things about New Orleans!!

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

Fabulous! I need to just hop in the car on more weekends.

Kristin O said...

OMG!! So much fun! I want to go so bad. Mike and I have never been and it looks like a blast!!

Rachel said...

I'm actually pretty sure I've never been to Louisiana, let alone New Orleans itself! But there's one thing about vacation...it definitely makes me want to go on another vacation!! :)

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

I would looooove to go one day! My sister went with a group of girlfriends and they had a BLAST!

Angi Solle said...

I lived in Michigan for the summer! What area did you visit?

Angi@ cantbuymelovvve.blogspot.com

Heidi said...

I LOVE New Orleans!!! Did you have a hand grenade?!