Monday, January 27, 2014

Lessons learned from Fred the dog.

I think we can all learn a thing or two from dogs. Here are a few of the things I have.



To love no matter what. Sometimes Fred has to stay home alone for a long ass time while I go to work and the gym and Target and whatnot. And guess what, he still loves me like crazy.

To get sooo excited to see people. Fred literally knocks me over most days when I get home, his tail is wagging so fast that his whole butt shakes, not only is it adorable, but it reminds me we should all be so happy to see the ones we love.

To not sweat the small stuff. I often can't sleep (especially on nights I don't go to yoga) because I am thinking a million thoughts. Not Fred though, that little guy passes out the second he hits a couch or bed. He relaxes like we all should. I am working on this one hence the yoga.



To have so much damn fun. Fred gets so friggen excited when you pull out a Frisbee or his ball it is unreal. He freaks the freak out when you say the words dog park or walk and the beach, my god the beach. I try to have this approach in life too, why not get excited about stuff...yolo right?

To not count calories. Fred ate a yoga mat just the other day, and he didn't even think about checking the back to see how many grams of fat! I typically don't worry too much about calories either. For the most part, I eat what I want. I tried doing the whole My Fitness Pal app thing but I kept getting chocolate smears on my iPhone and figured it wasn't really worth it. I will just run around like a maniac more as Fred does to burn the calories.

To have no shame. Fred likes to lay down spread eagle showing off all the goodies on the regular. And you know what, I applaud him for it. Be proud of yourself and don't be shy. What has being shy ever gotten anyone?


To get other people to do shit for you. Mainly manfriend. Fred has a real knack for getting people to hold his bone for him so he can get better leverage for chewing it without said person even noticing until there hand is about to fall off from holding a damn bone. I like to slyly convince manfriend to do chores for me without him realizing too. We all need a minion in life.

To get massages. If Fred wants his ass scratched he just puts it in your face until you have scratched it to his hearts content. I too appreciate a good massage and convince my mom to buy me one every time I see her.

To show affection. Fred licks my face about 34256 times a day and he sits on my lap to show he cares. I like to hug the shit out of people because they need to know. Sometimes I am real weird about it, particularly when I am drunk and I just randomly ask for hugs. Whatever, I guarantee my friends all know how much I love um.

11 comments:

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

yes to all of this and it's how i try to live my life too. why not? like you said, YOLO bitches.

when i want my back scratched, i just sidle up to my husband and keep on doing that until he gives in. it's the only way to get what i want :D

-kathy | Vodka and Soda

Miss Riss said...

Dogs are just the best and I can't get enough of them!!! But I can't believe Fred wasn't concerned with the nutrition facts of that yoga mat! ;)

Merchon @ Merk and her Mastiff said...

Dogs are here to show us how Zen and relaxed life really should be.
We could all learn a lot if we take a few pointers from them!

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

Hahaha! I totally want to be a dog! They have the best life and the best outlook on life. The massage part I really need to work on, maybe i just need to rub up on someone till they start scratch?! Weird, no?!

Morgan Sparks said...

I have a post just like this sitting in my drafts. It's so true though, we really can learn so much from our carefree, spoiled rotten little pups.

Jordan said...

Sweet Fred! No love like a love from a dog. That last picture of him is the sweetest.

Cortney said...

Fred is just the cutest.

Wine and Summer said...

I love this!! Fred is the cutest!

Angi Solle said...

Awww Fred! You really can learn a lot from a dog. Although they may not have to pay bills or grocery shop I bet even if they did they wouldn't stress about it! He's adorable!

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

Fred is very wise in his ways.

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

I would fucking LOVE to be a dog! Also, I'm craving a yoga mat now.