Friday, August 30, 2013

good old fall

As promised, here are a few reasons I am looking forward to the best season ever coming to an end.



-Fall clothes! Everyone looks great in sweaters and tall boots and I cannot wait to buy a bunch of both.

-Scarves. I just get too hot to rock the summer scarf but I love scarves like a fat kid loves cake. I have about 78,095 but you can never really have enough.

-Jack Daniels tastes real good in apple cider. Real good!

-Running will be less shitty. I actually don't hate running in the heat that much, but a cool crisp air is definitely much more enjoyable.

-Halloween is just around the corner. And that is friggen fantastic.

-Christmas will be in the air before we know it. Christmas is the best in the west, and I relish in the entire holiday season every year. Luckily for elves like me the stores like to start stocking the holiday shit earlier and earlier every year.

-Hoodies. Hoodies are the most comfortable article of clothing on the GD planet and I live in them when I'm bumming around the house in the cooler months.

What makes you glad summer is ending? And don't say pumpkin flavored shit, gross.

And now in lieu of it being almost over here is a little diddy about the best season:

18 comments:

Helene in Between said...

Yes, fall clothing. My fave! I'm excited for all the events that happen in fall. It's the best time for that!

Tami said...

I'm not really all about the pumpkin flavored shit either. Blech. Can't wait for sweater weather though!

Rachel said...

I love decorating my house...I never thought I would say that but I do!

Anonymous said...

I love all of these.. I'll have to try the JD one this year! I can't wait for boots, skinnies, sweaters and scarfs! Gah!

Stephanie said...

I live for hoodies. In purging my closet, they're the one thing I didn't even touch because I wear all of them so regularly. And jack and apple cider, sooo delicious. I love apple pie for tailgating! And by apple pie I mean apple cider and everclear with cinnamon and whipped cream of course.

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

I look like a stuffed sausage in knee high boots, but I love sweaters and scarves. I'm over my entire summer wardobe at this point.

Savannah said...

I freakin love fall. Too bad it doesn't start until basically November here in Arizona. It's a real disappointment.

Kristie's Blue Jeans said...

I am super excited for boots, skinnies, scarves, leggings and sweater dresses. Oh and my coats... I have a major coat problem, but I can't wait to wear them with a cute knit beret. Yay fall!
~K
www.kristiesbluejeans.blogspot.com

Kim Brown said...

Oh no, I have to disagree- I love all pumpkin flavored shizz! Starbucks latte, duh, desserts, yogurts, tea, everything!!!!
I also love that I don't have to shave as much & I can hide my white legs under jeans and not worry about self tanner :)

Tiffany Khyla said...

I'M SO FREAKING EXCITED FOR FALL!!! Scarves and hot cocoa are the best. I swear I'm planning my Halloween outfits year round.

Misty, Handbags + Handguns said...

YES to all of this!

Unknown said...

My favorite part about fall has to be a tie between football or more sleep!!

Julie @ A Simply Sweet Blog said...

I probably shouldn't say exactly how many hoodies I own, but it's ridiculous. They really are the best. So excited for fall!

shannon said...

it's like you were inside of my brain for all of this.

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

BOOTS and jeans, chunky cozy sweaters and scarves and trail running in the cooler weather. today we ran the trails in muggy heat and it sucked major ass (the bugs come swarming) but it was awesome at the same time.

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

allison said...

I second all of these things. Except the running. I still won't be doing any running! ha

Bad Luck Jenn said...

I freaking love fall! I can't wait for it to get cooler! and who can actually keep a summer scarf on all day?!

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

I have such a huge addiction to scarves! I have like 100 even some I have knit myself. Love them! Boots, chunky sweater and hoodies are the best!