Wednesday, August 28, 2013

day late, dollar short.

So I finally watched the infamous Miley Cyrus video. I know, way to finally get with the program, what can I say I'm a late bloomer.

To be honest, I am not really sure what all the fuss was about. I mean, I have seen girls dress and dance sluttier in a Buffalo Wild Wings, so I wasn't overly shocked by the number.

I agree she really needed to put the tongue back in her mouth, the hair was whack, and the foam finger was pretty graphic...but I guess when you are dancing with someone who is dressed like Beetlejuice wearing a slutty referee costume from Walmart you kind of need to pretend your foam finger is a penis and thrust it a few times. I mean I don't know, I was just glad she took off that bear suit.



I will admit, I did not watch the VMA's. I actually haven't watched much MTV at all since TRL and Road Rules were still a thing. I did switch over to the awards during the commercial break of Cutthroat Kitchen however and got to watch NSYNC perform.

I left it on for Justin's set because I would like to do dirty things to him, if Miley will loan me that foam finger. After that I went back to the food channel and all the information I know about the VMA's is courtesy of Facebook, Fashion Police, and a little YouTube action.



The thing I find more shocking than Miley is the fact that the VMA's are even still around. The last time I checked the only shows on MTV are Catfish and Teen Mom. They never play music videos, so how can they have Video Music Awards? Perhaps next year Reality TV Awards would be a better bet and that crazy white woman from Real Housewives could be the host.



Did I miss anything else awesome or terrible on Sunday? If you leave a convincing comment maybe I will YouTube it, maybe.

20 comments:

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

i had no idea the VMAs were on either and only found out the next morning after twitter blew up about miley. so i watched the video last night and everyone needs to chill the fuck out. it's not like it's never been done before; miley is like, 15yrs late to the game...madonna already did all that shit in the 90s and lady gaga kicked up a few notches with her old meat suit. sorry miley, try again.

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

Karla said...

Yes! Love the comment about how MTV is not about music videos anymore.... or music for that matter. Truth! I'm glad to say that I was alive when MTV still played music. Big TRL fan right here, too!

Rachel said...

HAH the girl just wants to have a little fun!

Helene in Between said...

Good point- what's the Point of the VMAs anymore anyway? Last time I checked iMTV plays nothing but trash TV. But with that said Miley is pretty trashy that goes well with it.

Chloe said...

I don't get the fuss either. She's a young girl who will do as she pleases. So what!! That finger though...a little raunchy.

As for MTV, you're not missing much. It makes my heart hurt though. Maybe they'll have an MTV reunion where they play music videos and making the video and shit. What a grand idea.

Margaret said...

I wish that still had road rules- that show was the best!

Venus Trapped In Mars said...

Missed all of the VMAs. I feel like I know what happened with everyones recaps though. I also don't know how to work my new DVR. This is bad. Very bad.

Wine and Summer said...

haha this was definitely the first time I watched the VMAs since high school. I was only in it for NSYNC.

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

I am with you, I didn't watch the VMA's either. Didn't really know it was a thing anymore. No more music videos, no good shows means i don't watch MTV anymore anyways. They need to bring back the old school stuff!

Jess @ Living On Sweet Tea said...

I'm glad I missed the train wreck known as Miley Cyrus. No one wants to see that.

And as for reality shows, can we bring back Road rules?!

Heidi said...

MTV in the Middle East played only videos all day. And most of all they played Blurred Lines and Miley. Ugh. So I know those songs a little too well. But Miley just scared the crap outta me as made me never want a teenage daughter! But I already knew that.

Tracie Everyday said...

I just watched sexy be brought back as well. Although I feel like you can't un-see the images of Miley in the bear suit, it looks like a slutty chuck e cheese costume.

Miss Riss said...

I tried to watch for Nsync, but my husband wouldn't go to bed and I definitely can't have MTV on while he's around cause he'll judge me and tell me I watch stupid things.

Kim Brown said...

Totally agree about MTV- I don't think I'm in their demo anymore though, so sigh. I tried to explain to the hubs that MTV2 shows music videos, but they have their own awards show! What the....?!

Chelsee W said...

Haha you are too funny! I am sure she will loan that foam finger to you!

Savannah said...

I think the whole situation proved that I don't need to watch award shows ever again. If there is some must-see moment I'm going to get my fill of it regardless if I caught it live or not! Especially being a blogger haha

Kaitlin said...

Hahaha! You really are right...why do we even have the VMAs anymore!?

Kelly Louise said...

eeek, i keep missing cutthroat kitchen!!
you already know how i feel about miley and the vma's so, high five! ;)

shannon said...

i don't think you understand how badly i want one of those teddy bear things. BAD.

Bad Luck Jenn said...

I recorded the VMAs just so I could fast forward thru the commercials. I made it to Miley and then stopped watching. Is that bad?