Thursday, August 15, 2013

the best places to scam on dudes

As most of you well know I have a live-in servant I call my boyfriend these days, but once upon a time I was quite the avid dater. Some might have used a more colorful vocabulary word to describe me, but seeing as this is my blog, I will stick with avid dater.

Since I met a lot of eligible bachelors while I was unattached, I figured it is only fair I share some of the wisdom I gained during that time with my single readers.

(Please note the views expressed in this list are based on my experience and they may not be true for everyone. I am usually right though, so you should probably just hold this all as gospel.)



-The dog park. I used to borrow my roommate's dog on a regular basis to meet cute boys at the dog park back in college. You know someone is a good person if they love dogs.

-Home Depot. Holy moly, there are always some fine ass men in the Home Depot. You will also find many less desirable middle-aged men, but they will all hit on you so it is a confidence boost regardless.

-The bar, I don't know who came up with the idea that meeting men in bars is a bad idea, but I am living proof that it is in fact a great idea. I met Jose in a bar and we have been happily unmarried for three years now. Also, if you like to drink you better be sure the guy you are dating likes to drink to so the bar is a great way to meet someone with similar interests.

-Parties. Chances are if a guy is friends with someone you are friends with he is a decent person. Parties are quite possibly the best place to meet a man.

-Work. While i would not advise dating a co-worker as it can get messy, meeting customers or people you interact with from time to time can be a great way to meet a man. Particularly if you are a bartender. I met a lot of good guys back in my drink slingin days. You get to see how they act drunk while you are sober, if they are a dick you will find out real fast.

Since work, dogs, bars, and parties constitute about 98% of my life I never really explored any other man meeting options, but stay tuned for a list of the worst places to meet a man coming to a blog near you very very soon.

13 comments:

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

raves; you forgot raves.

i met my husband when i was all wacked out on ecstacy that i thought he was asian so when i saw him again a few days later (sober) and he tried to talk to me, i was like, why is this white guy trying to talk to me (white guys never really hit on me before)

Karla said...

Hahaha... YES. Home Depot & the dog park have worked for me in my past when I was single. I love that you posted this. Got a good laugh this morning!! =D

Helene in Between said...

Haha love it, Home Depot. If I was single I would definitely hang out there.

Tami said...

Bets places! I met my man at a bar too, given our mutual affection for alcohol it was only right!

Kelly said...

I agree, Home Depot and ask for help!

xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

Adriana from Glitter & Sarcasm said...

yesssss home depot! also love the graphic haha

Chloe said...

Met my servant at a party. We bonded over a shot. And we both keep the party going until the sun comes up. Parties are perfect. Now, I'm excited for this list of where not to meet a guy!

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

Love that you hijacked your friends dog!! LOL! Yes, to Home Depot!

Alyssa said...

Hahaha. I used to tell people that I was "enthusiastically dating pretty much everyone" when people asked me if I had a boyfriend. Also, I totally agree to all these, especially the dog park. Hot men for DAYS.

Unknown said...

The dog park is so true! My husband has almost been picked up at a dog park while we were there together.

Erica said...

PBR stand at a baseball game. While you're on a date with another boy.

Tiffany Khyla said...

Parties are the perfect place to meet guys for real. And I went on a date with a guy from work and it was the worst idea I've ever had. Boo. We don't have dog parks in Shreveport, otherwise I would have hit that up.

shannon said...

to be fair i'm beyond happy that i never had to do any of this. WHOOPS.