Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Fred's first festival

It was a damn good final weekend of summer guys. Damn good indeed.

Being the lucky ducks we are, Jose and I had Friday and Monday off work...yea buddy! I love days off work more than is probably healthy.

So in lieu of not wanting to be back at work after a delicious four day vacation, I am going to recap the weekend's happenings for you. Sorry if this is a snooze, but it's all I've got right now.

Thursday night I did a whole lotta shopping for the music festival we spent the weekend at. I bought all sorts of groceries and by groceries I mainly mean wine. I also went to a fabulous yoga class, there was only one other student in class and that shit was awesome.

That night we packed my little car to the gills, had some dinner and called it an early night. Believe it or not my ass woke up at 5am on Friday and we were on the road to Pennsylvania by 6! That is impressive for me seeing as I am not quite a morning person.

Festival bound!

The festival we attended was a really small bluegrass festival. This was it's first year and it was put on by a married couple who are both musicians. The main reasons we decided to attend were the ridiculously cheap ticket price and the fact that dogs were allowed. I am super glad we went.

The festival was pretty low key but packed full of awesome music and even cooler people. The campsites were absolutely gorgeous and situated right on a river for easy swimming and tubing. And if you were wondering Fred did indeed tube down said river! Three times to be exact. I am sad to report I did not get any photos. Too be honest I was far too drunk to work any sort of electronics. I can however assure you it was adorable.

Jose inflating our river tubes while Laura drinks beer. Look at that gorgeous campsite!

The best part of the festival was the fact that my very good friend Laura who lives in upstate New York came out and spent all day and night Friday with us. I missed that bitch something fierce and we had a rip roaring good time together. She had to take off Saturday morning but Jose, Fred, and I continued the party and spent the day swimming, tubing, dancing to music, and making new friends.

Reunited and it feels so good.

We made lots of cool friends but Fred made the most. He was a smashing hit at the festival as you can probably imagine. Multiple strangers told me he was hands down the best looking dog at the festival, which made me proud as punch of course.

Fred became real close with our neighbors and took it upon himself to wander over to their campsite several times a day so they could feed him.

Perhaps his most amusing move however went down early Saturday morning. I woke around 7am with quite a nasty hangover so I exited my tent to toss some cookies and decided to nap off my headache in the hammock we had hung up on our campsite. This was a great plan for a few moments and I was comfy as could be. Then Fred decided he wanted to play and for a good 45 minutes tugged my blanket off me non-stop and continually bumped into the hammock with his giant ass head causing it to rock...not so awesome when you are feeling iffy at best.

Eventually I got tired of swaying and fighting with the blanket so I emerged from the hammock only to find a group of fellow festival goers standing nearby laughing hysterically. They had been watching the famous tubing dog mess with me for the past fifteen minutes and were just loving it. I loved it slightly less.

Saturday night we got a big old rain storm causing everyone to pack into a tiny pavilion to listen to the music and it was great. People at music festivals are some of the nicest people you can ever meet and it makes your heart happy as can be.

Sunday morning we woke up with much less severe hangovers and took the pup for a nice two mile walk in the park. We decided to get on the road in the am instead of staying at the festival so we could take our sweet time driving home. We bid our new friends farewell and hit the trails about 11am. The drive back was about 5 1/2 hours but we stopped a few times along the way to check out some cute Pennsylvania towns and had a nice long lunch and walk through the city of Harrisburg. When we eventually got home we cleaned up our camping gear and just had a lazy night with leftovers and the old boob tube.

A very tired pooch on the ride back. 

Yesterday we were pretty lazy too, but I did manage to talk Jose into going running with me and naturally Fred ran like a damn champ with him, so I got a little jealous. We also bought new pillows and sheets, had a tasty hibachi lunch and made a bad ass crab leg dinner. Thank god for that run because I certainly did my share of eating in celebration of Labor Day. There was pistachio ice cream involved as well.

Traditional Labor Day hibachi

Fred loves the hibachi too.

Needless to say it was not easy waking up this morning. The long relaxing weekend coupled with my new pillows and sheets that make it feel like I am sleeping on a baby lamb made getting out of bed pretty dang hard. I am proud to say I was only 15 minutes late to the office today though which is pretty damn good for me.

Did you have a good weekend? I hope you did.


11 comments:

Miss Riss said...

Umm sounds like a freakin' awesome weekend! I'm a little jealous over here...

Rachel said...

You like bluegrass? There is a bluegrass festival here every year lady!

Nikki @ Rural Rookie said...

Looks like so much fun! Where in PA was the festival? I'm glad Fred got some use out of his new tube :)

Anonymous said...

Awe! That camp site looks amazing! We are going camping at the end of September. Can Not Wait. :)

Fred and the love of hibachi are too awesome.

Chelsee W said...

Bluegrass..really? Looks like you all had fun!

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

i love jose's expression in that first pic...like he's thinking, "omg, what are we about to embark on?!" haha

fred is so stinkin' cute; esp the pic of him snoozing in the car!

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

Margaret said...

Camping and river floating and good music?? I love everything about this!

Carly @ The Pinot Project said...

Where in PA was it? Oh how I miss PA...

Morgan Sparks said...

What a fun weekend! I'm quite sad there are no pictures of Fred tubing though... But no pictures are probably better than a water soaked camera/phone.

Julie @ A Simply Sweet Blog said...

I think this just means you have to take Fred tubing again so you can get a pic :)

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

Sounds like an amazing weekend. I am so impressed that Fred made it down the river on the tube!