Monday, November 11, 2013

the things I say when I've been drinking

oops I did it again you guys...

Got super hammered and said a bunch of dumb shit that is.

It never fails, whenever I get a little rowdy the next morning as the flashbacks start playing in my head, I am always a tad embarrassed. Not enough to change my behavior or anything, but a little embarrassed none the less.

Saturday evening started out innocently enough. (I am not sure if I used innocently correctly or not, to be honest adverbs always throw me for a little loop).

The boyfriend and I made some dinner and shared a bottle of one of Dogfish Head's new special release beers called American Beauty. I loved this beer because not only was it hoppy and delicious but it was named after a Grateful Dead album, contained granola, and had a dancing bear on the bottle...win win. Naturally we listed to American Beauty while we sipped it.  After that bottle was polished off we popped open another. And I was tipsy. And it was before 9pm...

Drinks o' clock

So then we headed out to a new little bar in town that makes specialty cocktails and is called the Speakeasy. It's pretty f-ing cute. You need to call in advance to a get a password and then you arrive at this little coffee shop and pick up an old school phone, tell them the password and they let you in via a secret door behind a bookcase. The decor is all super 1920s and the bartenders wear fedoras. Oh and the drinks are pretty divine. I had three particularly strong gin drinks.

It would have been wise to call it a night after those three cocktails, but that's just not my style so we hightailed it to another bar...this one more of a local dump than a cute themed joint.

At some point I decided a bathroom selfie was a great idea...


Here I had lord knows how many jack and diets and ran into some friends.

It was at this bar where I started to pull my usual annoying drunk Erin moves. There are two of them and it is a wonder my boyfriend doesn't leave me stranded in the road when I start pulling this shit.

1. I invite anyone and everyone over to our house. Usually I invite them over for after party drinks post bar and things tend to get pretty rowdy in our tiny little apartment. This particular evening I was inviting everyone over for dinner on Tuesday night. Why, I don't know as Tuesday we are having just a few close friends over for a going away dinner for a neighbor, but I decided it was a good idea to invite every stranger I met that night. I pray to God none of them show up, but I guess only time will tell. I did have a few missed called from strange numbers when I woke up, so obviously I was passing out the digits.

2. I get on a yoga soapbox. It is no secret, I am addicted to yoga. I love it, like a lot. But normally I just love it and I don't annoy everyone in the world with my yoga preaching, that is until I get drunk. When I get drunk I turn into a door to door salesman or one of those religious cult leaders trying to get everyone to convert to the yoga life. I seem to particularly target men who have absolutely no interest in the practice. I am not proud of it, but it's the way it is.

Sunday was a little rough, but not nearly as rough as it should have been. I am going to try and dry out for a week or so, but we will see what happens come Friday night.

Yes those are grocery store ice cream sundaes, and yes we ate them in the parking lot.

15 comments:

Kristin O said...

Go O's!! Oh sorry. This speakeasy sounds awesome!! Is it in the Baltimore area? One night on our Honeymoon cruise they had a secret prohibition party and you went into a speakeasy and they raided it and all. It was pretty cool. I would love to go to this place. Oh and you looked super cute!!

Chloe said...

I wanna go to the cute little hidden place. There's nothing like that here. Womp womp. If I ever get a drunk invite to dinner you know I'll be there.

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA! when i get drunk, i start calling everyone bitch or whore.

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

That is a cute way to get into a bar. Oh the things we say when we are drunk! I for some reason just want to eat to soak up the booze! Gyros or cheesy fries please.

Morgan Sparks said...

That speakeasy sounds like so much fun!! I wish we had something like that here. Oh, and I'm pretty much the queen of "saying stupid embarrassing shit when I'm drunk." My fiancé knows when I'm drunk because I (in his words) become "mouthy." Whoops.

Rachel said...

We have a speakeasy here..but no one will tell me where it is at...poop heads.

Tracie Everyday said...

It sounds like you had an amazeballs time! I always love the slow start of shame that curls up in you the next day!

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

If I get drunk when I have a song stuck in my head I will either sing it in a horrible voice all night while trying to get everyone to sing along, or make people listen to it on my phone. I am so annoying.

Stevie C said...

where is this amazing speakeasy!?

Miss Riss said...

Hahaha, hilarious! That speak easy sounds so neat! I should check and see if we have anything like that here in PHX. Also, I feel like you should bring your yoga preaching to the blog...maybe a few tutorials? =)

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

As soon as I saw the title of this post I got REAL excited! And you didn't disappoint, haha! I'm dyyyyyyyying over you inviting everyone to your place!!!

Kim Brown said...

First, you look like you've lost so much weight in that b'room selfie!
Second, you've got to sell me on yoga, I really want to like it, but just can't.

Tiffany Khyla said...

Haha! OMG! Way too funny. You sound like a friendly drunk - inviting everyone over for dinner. How sweet! Ha!

Jordan said...

I'd say inviting everyone and their mothers for dinner is much better than starting fights and/or cussing people out. I no longer drink liquor and stick to beer for these reasons and a few other fun ones. I think my boyfriend would LOVE it if I could drink liquor and only pass out yoga advice.

Heidi said...

Sooo this is hilarious ! I do the same inviting game. One time I invited a homeless man over for dinner and gave him my phone number!!!??? Wtf! And he called!