Monday, November 25, 2013

is this what adults do?

Just when I think nothing can surprise me, I go and do something so outlandish I am left utterly amazed.

Just this weekend, I did what many adults around the globe do on a regular basis, and frankly I am proud as punch.

You see kids, Friday night the boyfriend and I went out to a bar as we do many a Friday night.

We had one drink and split an appetizer at said bar.

Next we walked to another bar and had one more drink.

After cashing out we made our way to a third bar for one more drink and two appetizers.

Then we went home. We did not do any shots of Fireball whiskey, I did not mooch cigarettes off any strangers, we did not invite 28 people back to our 600 square foot apartment, we didn't even give in to the drunk munchies and consume the entire contents of our refrigerator when we got home.

It was a great night.

I woke up Saturday morning sans hangover thinking, "wow, maybe I am finally not an alcoholic."

And I was happy.

But then Saturday night rolled around.

It was back to business as usual when we had a few friends over and somehow the 6 of us managed to go through a case and a half of beer and a good portion of the liquor in the house...woof.

I could say I am mad at myself for being such a wild one, but I think I am just taking baby steps into becoming a grown up. I will get there one of these days.

How was your weekend?

Sami's Shenanigans

17 comments:

Jess @ Living On Sweet Tea said...

haha yeah... that adult stuff only last so long around here and then I do the same thing.

Helene in Between said...

all's fair in love and drinking. i don't know why i said that but it felt right. and even with the hangover sounds like you had a great time

Miss Riss said...

Hey, slow and steady wins the race to adulthood... ;)

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

I used to light the boozing world on fire. Now at 36 I can go weeks between drinks. It's so funny to me how different things are now vs. then. It was a pretty gradual change so I didn't notice it at first. Now I for shit sure notice my lack of hangovers. When I'm planning on doing it up I make sure I have the next day FREE to lay on the couch and be gross.

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

Oh how life changes. I feel like such an old lady since I was thinking "Three bars is a lot of traveling and walking, I'll sit at home thank you." Now I feel old. :/

Jordan said...

I had less than the usual on Friday night and felt really proud. I guess this is growing up?

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

from the ages if 15-29, i was hammered 6 days of the week. like legit wake up on the lawn hammered. now? there isn't any way this old hag can take getting loaded otherwise i'd be out of commish for a week!

ps - growing old sucks. welcome (almost) to the club!

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

Kim Brown said...

I need more fun friends like you! Two nights of drinking in a row is major for me.

Rachel said...

HAH I rarely drink now!!! I think one day it just changes!

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

My little girl is all growed up! *sniffle*

Heidi said...

SERIOUSLY laughing right now. The title of your post is exactly what my husband and said to each other Friday night. We went to a drag show, had a few drinks and didn't require a cab home or a 4th meal! Score!

Kristin O said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristin O said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristin O said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristin O said...

Well then I must have switched bodies with you. I took so many shots of Fireball on Friday night I about puked. It's so sweet!! I guess when you're used to shots of vodka everything tastes sweet. lol. I'm proud of you!!

Kristin O said...

Wow...sorry. Can you tell my computer messed up in the middle of that. Either that or I just was really excited to tell you. lol.

Liz @ Fitness Blondie said...

No I love this!!!