Thursday, November 21, 2013

Give me all your money

So I work for a non-profit. It is pretty not awesome in the sense that I make really shitty money and it is usually a thankless job, but on the flip side I would never want to work in any other sector.

I feel pretty damn good about what I do almost every day. I work for a park and museum that is free and open to the public. We do a lot to offer a great learning experience to everyone in the community and visiting the region. As much as I am not a kid person per se, I love the fact that I in some way am helping kids gain happy memories and showing them the awesomeness that is being outdoors!

Right now I am working on a crowd funding campaign to raise money to completely redesign our children's discovery room. We are calling it the Disco Room and it is going to be awesome!!

If you would like to know a little more about the project you can visit our fundraiser page here.

Since it is the season of giving, I am asking for all your help...I promise not to ask for anymore favors for at least another week.

It would be incredible if you could spread the word about this campaign, or if you could donate a small amount...but honestly if you would be willing to tweet this shit, or Facebook it or anything else, I will love you forever!

And if you want, and you share this, I will let you take over my blog for a day!! I know I am no big shot blogger, but hey....you can swear on this space and that is always fun.


We even made a video...now that is fancy!


9 comments:

Jordan said...

Your job sounds pretty damn rewarding. Kudos to you!

Helene in Between said...

that's awesome that you like your job and of course I'll spread the word!

Miss Riss said...

This is awesome!! I'll be spreading the word! =)

Chelsee W said...

This is awesome girl! I also work for a non-profit. Good luck:)I will tweet it for you!

Morgan Sparks said...

Your job sounds like it is so rewarding, although I'm sure it can be more than stressful at times! This is a great fundraiser!

Margaret said...

Oh girl, the nonprofit lifestyle and shitty pay that go along with it can be rough! But I'm right there with you- it's so hard for me to see myself doing anything else!!

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

It's nice that you love your job and what a great cause.

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

I'll spread that word, baby! I'm with you on kids... I actually don't want any myself but they still deserve a happy and comfortable childhood!

Julie Khuu | Haute Khuuture said...

My gf works for a non-profit (Arthritis foundation) working her way up from boys/girls clubs, other grass roots companies and I swear the money will come in time honey! Just doing what you love and spreading that positive energy out there will light the way :D

xo-Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture Blog