Wednesday, November 13, 2013

some shit I'm thankful for...

Since according to my Facebook feed it is mandatory to list a bunch of things you are thankful for this month, I have decided to play along.

Truth be told the month of thankful statuses are one of the few things on Facebook that don't piss me off.

I think it is pretty damn good to give thanks now and again.



1. My family. Mainly my mom, dad, sister, uncle Kenny, Evie, and Arthur. They are all crazy but are also always there for me. I never have to worry about whether or not these guys love me because by law they have to.

2. My non-family family. Between here in Maryland and back in Michigan I have quite a few folks that are 100% my family though not by blood. These are the people I can count on to no end and who know me better than anyone else. The ones that take me in when I need a friend and give me shit when I deserve it.

3. Yoga. I know enough with the yoga already, but it has legitimately changed my life and made me feel so much better physically and mentally. Plus my ass looks much better than it did when I started practicing a few months ago.

4. My job. Sure it grinds my gears from time to time, but I honestly love my job. That is more than about 90% of people in the world can say and for that I am so grateful. I have a job that allows me to be creative and I work in a beautiful park overlooking the water...I am lucky.

5. My dog. I love my dog more than a human should love an animal. He is my baby boy and he puts a smile on my face every single day. I think everyone should have a pet in their life because they are the best.

6. Wine. Because it makes me drunk.

7. Manfriend. Just like work he can annoy the shit out of me on occasion, but I don't know of many other people that would put up with my antics on a daily basis. I am lucky to have found someone who likes to drink and eat as much as I do, finds it acceptable to spend more money than we make on travel, would rather be hiking outside with me than watching TV, and loves to laugh at anything and everything. He's pretty ok.

8. My health. I hopped on the clean eating band wagon about 5 months ago and have never felt better in my life. I have tons of energy and just all around feel great. I am also thankful that I can still enjoy garbage food from time to time and not feel too guilty about it.

9. This old blog. I am so thankful that this silly little blog has made me write on a regular basis and that is has allowed me to connect to some great people. And it makes me a tiny bit of cash now and again so that is pretty cool too.

10. My new found love of nature. Before I moved to rural Maryland you were more likely to find me in a mall than outside, since that is no longer an option I have embraced all things outdoors and have found I really love it. I am all outdoorsy and shit and not just in the sense of drinking on patios. There are some beautiful places to explore in my neck of the woods and I am enjoying doing it.

What are you thankful for??

14 comments:

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

everything you said above but instead of yoga (which is still awesome by the way), it`s trails. but now that it`s winter, i can`t really do them anymore if they`re icey :(

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

Jess @ Living On Sweet Tea said...

i agree on them all!

Morgan Sparks said...

Yep, It agree with all of this (especially about the pup). I also think you have convinced me to start yoga.

Miss Riss said...

I would probably have to agree with you on all accounts. There's few things that top dogs, wine, manfriends (yours and then mine respectively, of course)and the outdoors! And then family and friends too and all that stuff. Heck, it's all good stuff!

Chloe said...

Umm especially the dog. I'm gonna add music though!

Darcy said...

Totally agree that this is one trend on Facebook I don't totally hate! And I definitely am thankful for both wine and yoga!
www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

Love all of these reasons, especially the dog one. I seriously post way to many pics of Seamus on Instagram but he is way to cute.

Chelsee W said...

Haha I agree with you! The thankful posts are ones that don't piss me off either on FB!

Jordan said...

Blogging, music, beer, my boyfriend (he gets a gold star for putting up with my shit), family, my gym membership, and caffeine. Thanks sweet baby jesus!

Jordan said...

Oh shit and my job. I'd be a broke ass bitch without it!

jackie jade said...

good list! i can definitely be annoyed by some things in my life, but overall super thankful for lots too. which reminds me i should probably make a list too!
-- jackie @ jade and oak

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

Where in MI are you from? I'm a MI girl myself! :) I love that you put your fur baby on here. I treat mine like he's my child. I don't even care how ridiculous it looks to people. And I love that you put your blog on here... I'm thankful you blog, too! :)

Davenport Spud said...

I'm thankful that when we ride in the car together, I have the volume knob.

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

I really want to be a yogi.

Today I'm thankful for coffee, flats, cardigans, facebook, friends, sunshine.