Tuesday, November 12, 2013

oink

As you probably know if you read this little blog of mine, I am not much of a meat eater these days. I typically prefer eggplant or mushrooms to aminals, but every now and again I let manfriend have his way and we eat some meat. And don't get me wrong, I am not vegetarian by any means, I just don't like to eat meat everyday.

Here is a recipe that is one of my mom's old classics. It honestly probably sounds a little weird but I can assure you it is awesome!!

Pork Chop Supreme

You Will Need:

Pork Chops (I usually use bone in, they taste better in my opinion)
Oranges
White Onion
Ketchup
Brown Sugar

Directions:

-Preheat oven to 350.

-Lay your pork chops down on a sheet pan and place a handful of brown sugar on each chop. Smooth it over the chop to cover.

-Add a thin slice of onion and a thin slice or orange. Cover with ketchup
.

-Bake for 45 minutes or until the chop is fully cooked.

I know they sound sort of odd, but they are honestly delicious!


9 comments:

Amy @The Crazy Wise Woman said...

Ok that sounds oddly yummy! Lol

Rachel said...

That sounds really yummy!

Helene in Between said...

i like my meat and this sounds so good!

Tammy Jo said...

That looks so yummy!!!

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

They look fabulous!

I'm a meat ho so I'm on this.

Hannah said...

Omg. This is dangerous. I love ketchup.

Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

Miss Riss said...

You're right. This does sound odd =) I may just have to try it anyway

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

Sounds interesting. I haven't been a pork chop fan for awhile but it does sound good.

Kim Brown said...

This sounds really good and super easy!
I also do my pork chops in the crock pot covered in BBQ sauce (poor mans' pulled pork)