Tuesday, February 25, 2014

the nitty gritty

Remember yesterday how I said I'm moving to Colorado??

Well that is still happening. And I am still a tad freaked seeing as I don't have a place to live or know more than one person there and all of that, but yolo right?

I'm sorry, I still love yolo...I think it's great.

Here are a few more feelings related items that I am feeling in regards to this move....

The Good:

-I will be in a city again! Filled with glorious food, shopping, museums, concerts, and all the things I love.

-There will be hiking a plenty.

-It's gorgeous, I mean gorgeous. Like Beyonce gorgeous in Colorado.

-There will be music galore in my life, I have already mentally purchased at least 48,000 dollars worth of concert tickets in my head.

-I have a great friend out there. We reconnected when I flew out for my interview, and her support has already been so amazing.

-There is hippie food all over the place. Not the case in my small town, which makes my clean eating freak of a self miserable, that will no longer be a problem and I can't wait.

-My new job sounds pretty much amazing.

-I got a rather substantial raise.

-I will no longer live two hours from an airport.

The Bad:

-It takes 30 hours to drive to Colorado from Maryland. Fred the dog, me, and everything I own in a Scion for 30 hours....woof.

-I have some incredible friends here in Maryland that I will miss like crazy. I know all of one person in Denver.

-I love my job here.

-It is going to be friggen expensive as can be to start fresh, live by myself, and buy all new furniture and house stuff. And since I am so wise with money, I have been racking up my credit card buying all sorts of things I don't need like new coats and shoes so I will look cute out in CO.

The Ugly:

-Manfriend is not coming with. It would not be smart for him career wise right now and it breaks my heart and that's not cool.

13 comments:

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

There's so much good and it sounds like an awesome opportunity.

The drive, not so much, and manfriend not being in a good position to move, I'm really sorry. Nothing else to say, it sucks.

Cortney said...

Whoa whoa whoa.. when did you say you were moving to Colorado?! I totally missed this.

Congrats on new job!! I'm sorry about Jose/man friend not coming with.. that'd break my heart too.. but at least you have a Fred! And you'll make lots of new friends and become a yoga guru

Kim Brown said...

So is manfriend going to try to come there eventually? Are you all going to be long distance or ....?
I'm excited for you nonetheless!

Heidi said...

This is super exciting and scary at the same time! I was worried your big change would be something bad...but this is good! :)
Moving is cray cray. I did it in 2012 and am still not over it (and ready to go back). BUT Colorado seems freakin' cool and all those good things above are amazing...especially the raise, hiking and food parts.
When and if can Jose join you?

Miss Riss said...

So much to look forward to!! As always, there's lots of stuff to be nervous about but I know that once you get there and get settled you will love it!! And we can't wait to hear all about it in blogland! =)

Monica L said...

Moves are so amazing and terrifying at the same time! The great thing about staying in the states is that you can visit those friends & manfriend and they can visit you!

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

your move sounds incredible and i can't wait to hear more. boo that manfriend can't go with you just yet...will he eventually make his way over or will you guys be doing the long distance thing?

Stephanie said...

This is so crazy! I would be so nervous to move. Good luck lady!

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

The good parts look really good! Yeah for a raise! The drive does not sound fun but just rock out to some jams and it will go quick. Sorry manfriend is not able to move with you, hopefully he will eventually?!

Helene in Between said...

Uhh wow! There is a lot of good and hard and really hard about this but this will be exciting and I'm pumped for you!!

You Just Do said...

I'm moving to North Carolina from Iowa in a month. My manfriend isn't coming either. I feel your pain...really sucks.

Jordan said...

You have large lady balls, my friend! The pros sound like they outweigh the cons but when you toss in the ugly, it sounds like it's going to be hard. I am sending you many good vibes!!

shannon said...

^^ what she said.
your lady balls abound and know that it will be good.