Monday, February 17, 2014

double the meat, double the fun

I recently broke one of my cardinal rules guys.

I prepared a dish that had two kinds of meat. This is something I usually just don't stand for.

I just think it is over kill most of the time. Like if I have a burger it don't need any bacon, come on now. One animal at a time please.

I decided to give in for my manfriend's sake though and made a little dish with double meat. Chicken and ham yo. And it was Delicious even though it goes against all that I stand for. (I am totally being a little sarcastic FYI, I am ok with double meat in the form of a club sandwich 100% of the time)

So anyway, here is the recipe for those of you who want to walk on the wild side like I did and double up your meat.



You Will Need:

(makes 3-4 servings)

-4 Thin slices of boneless chicken breast (I bought the pre-sliced stuff but you could always get regular chicken boobs and slice them your self)
-4 slices of ham (I used the big chunk of ham whatever that's called and not lunch meat)
-Shredded mozzarella cheese
-4 green onions
-Olive oil
-Salt and pepper

Directions:

-Pre-heat your oven to 350.
-Slice your chunks of ham into four nice slices (you may want to use a little more if you go with lunch meat) Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
-In a skillet begin heating olive oil.
-While you oil is getting nice and hot lay out your thin slices of chicken.
-Place your ham, green onion (sliced in half), and about 1/2 tbs of shredded cheese onto each boobie.
-Roll the chicken up keeping all the goodies inside and close with toothpicks.
-Place the chicken (crease side down) into the skillet. Brown on all sides then transfer to a sheet pan.
-Bake chicken in the oven for 20 minutes or so depending on the thickness of the chicken.
-Serve with a tasty ass side and enjoy your double whammy of meat.


up close look at the goods

8 comments:

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

Look at you being a rebel! I always say yes to double the meat. Can you really eat a burger without bacon?! Haha! Looks delish!

Miss Riss said...

"One animal at a time please"...made me lol!

Helene in Between said...

but but, this looks so good. you can break rules sometimes.

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

hahaha I typically have a no-mixed meats rule specifically for sandwiches but also for dishes.

Kristin O said...

Like Chicken Cordon Bleu!!! YYYUUUUMMMM!!!! I love the add of asparagus!!

Jess @ Living On Sweet Tea said...

Kristin stole my reaction. haha looks so YUM!!

Jordan said...

But what is a burger without bacon? I'm a huge meat eater so we'll have to agree to disagree on that one! :) This looks amazing!!

Monica L said...

Yumm!! That looks delicious!