Monday, December 2, 2013

I gobbled, and then gobbled some more, and then wobbled.

Guys I'm not going to lie and act like I don't completely love every single weekend, but this one was a real doozie.

It was super special because it contained two extra glorious days and a shit ton of food and booze.

To start the weekend off our old neighbor was in town and he popped in for a visit on Wednesday night. We had a few drinks and shot the shit. He is completely insane so it was interesting conversation to say the least.

Thursday mornin I woke up bright and early to take the dog for a jog and do some yoga in my living room...I knew I would be eating every morsel of food I saw that day so I figured a little workout would do my good.

We then made moves over to our good friend's house for a delicious dinner. We ate a ton and laughed and just had a really, really nice time.

We came home that night and trimmed our little tree while i forced Jose to listen to Christmas music.

Isn't she a beut??



The next morning we headed a few hours away to Frederick, Maryland which is an adorable little town we had never been to. If you get the chance to visit, do it. It's f-ing cute as pie and there are more shops than you can shake ten sticks at. I got almost all my Christmas shopping done and am incredibly proud to report that I didn't buy anything other than two used records for myself. I try every year to not be greedy during the holidays, but sometimes when this gal gets into shopping mode it gets a little ugly. Maybe I am cured, or maybe I am just broke...who knows really.

We also ate and drank every delicious bite of food, beer, and red wine that Frederick had to offer.



Just look at all that goodness...

We even enjoyed a nice bottle of red in our hotel room before going out the first night....let me tell you wine tastes fantastic from a plastic hotel room cup.


That wine had me feeling good enough to put on high heels and lipstick. Those are two things this guy never wears, especially not together. To prove it actually happened I made Fred pose for a few selfies with me.




We toured the Flying Dog Brewery and even got a free goblet out of the deal.




Mostly we just walked Fred around downtown and basked in all the charming ass Christmas delight.



We even drank until I couldn't stand one night in downtown Frederick then hailed a cab back to our hotel. The next morning I ran a very hungover 3 miles to retrieve that car and it was during that run that I accomplished my main mission for visiting Frederick....and that was snapping a picture of Fred the Dog under a Frederick sign. I was still pretty hammered so the photo isn't great but it will do.


I now feel like I need to fast for at least eight or nine days to feel normal again, but realistically we all know I will be noming down some lunch in a few short hours...I am however going to lay of the booze until at least Friday. Mark my words.

13 comments:

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

i love little quaint towns like that! your tree looks adorable; i can't wait to put ours up this weekend.

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

Tracie Everyday said...

It looks like you had the best time! I love the pic of Fred the dog tanding under the Frederic sign, that is a nice touch!

Jordan said...

Living in a big city, I love going to little tiny towns like that. Kudos to you for running and while hungover, no less! I did zero running/working out over the break. For shame.

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

The santa hat on the tree is too cute!! The heels and lipstick combo looks fierce girl! I am all about the detox right now!

Helene in Between said...

why must thanksgiving be over?! love the tree! nice pic of the dog and sign- mission accomplished!

Miss Riss said...

Hahaha, that's the perfect picture under the sign!! And you're definitely rockin' that lipstick! Go girl!

Morgan Sparks said...

Sounds like you had a fun Thanksgiving weekend! Love the Christmas tree!

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

That picture rocks!

Rachel said...

WE NEED TO GET TOGETHER I SWEAR..I love me some Fredrick MD! Lord you are going everywhere around me but here woman!

Kristin O said...

How was the Flying Dog tour?? Mike and I have talked about doing that. Looks like you had fun!!

Nikki Mitchell said...

Fred is so cute!!!

Kim Brown said...

Yay- I love Frederick! Bryan Voltaggio lives there- he has a diner that is amazing. Love that you took a pic of Fred there. (Did you sneak him in- he's pretty big)
You look great in that pic- clean eating & yoga is working for you!

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

Dang girl! Check you out in your heels 'n' lipstick! Ow-OW!!! ;) The food is the best... I'm already ready for next Thanksgiving.