Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The Best Holiday Movie of All??

Honestly I would have to say any movie aired on Lifetime or Hallmark during the month of December, but that is coming from a gal who has watched like 11 of those low budget bad boys already...

This is a tough question if you ask me.

There are some real great holiday movies out there.

Bad Santa

Home Alone

Home Alone 2

Prancer

The Family Stone

The Holiday

I could go on for days listing movies that I just love, but there is one Christmas movie that has my vote for the best one ever.

Drum role pleaaaaase.....

That movie is Elf.

If you ask me, Elf has everything you need in a Christmas movie.



-It is set in New York. If you have never been to New York during Christmas time you are seriously missing out. There is something so magical about that place and any movie set there makes me want to move to the big apple just for the holidays.

-There is a great love story. This is a given for any great holiday movie, just ask Lifetime....they make it possible for two people to fall in love in a matter of days.



-It's sweet. Buddy means no harm to anyone he is just a delight the entire movie. It makes me want to be a better person. "Buddy the elf, what's your favorite color?"


-Great decorations. The way Buddy transforms the department store is completely underrated...it is gorgeous!! I love me some winter white.



-The last reason I will give (though I can think of at least 45 more) is the music. If you haven't downloaded the Elf soundtrack yet do yourself a favor and do that right now. It's incredible. Second only to maybe Snowed In by Hanson...JK. Kind of.


18 comments:

Rachel said...

Elf is AMAZING!

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

YES TO ALL OF THE ELF THINGS!

my favorite:
YOU SIT ON A THRONE OF LIES!

YOU STINK, YOU SMELL LIKE BEEF AND CHEESE!!

ahahah buddy gets me every time.

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

Monica L said...

So hard to narrow it down but yes definitely love Elf!

Miss Riss said...

I would hands-down agree with you that Elf takes the title of best Christmas movie! Also, you brought back some nostalgia with the mention of Hansn's Snowed In...I'm gonna have to go dig that out!

Chloe said...

Elf is pretty cute. But I mean Home Alone...it's a classic!

Jordan said...

Totally agree but I also LOVE Home Alone, The Holiday, and the Grinch!

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

I love Elf but Christmas Vacation is my Christmas movie lover.

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

ELF is my favorite!!! I quote that movie on the reg!!!

Liz @ Fitness Blondie said...

Yes girl, yes!!! Nothing beats ELF!!!

PS: I tried to watch a Hallmark Christmas movie once; I lasted 8 minutes.

Kristie's Blue Jeans said...

I love the corny Hallmark Christmas movies too and you cannot forget the ABC Family ones either! "Elf" is a definite classic only to be followed by "Christmas Vacation" in my household.
Merry Christmas!
kristiesbluejeans.blogspot.com

Heidi said...

Prancer!!! I loved that movie! Need to see if it's on TV so I can record it.
Pretty sure my husband has never seen Elf so i'ts my mission to make him watch it this year!

Duh! Danae said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE Elf! Have you ever seen Home for the Holidays? It's probably from the 90's and it's great!

Merchon said...

I am not a big Will Farrell fan, but I am obsessed with this movie! My fav also!
I am going to NYC this weekend to do all the Christmasy touristy stuff! Can't wait!

Stephanie said...

I agree, Elf is a great movie!!

Jaclyn Y said...

I love Elf! My favorite holiday movie of all time though is It's A Wonderful Life

Misty, Handbags + Handguns said...

I do love Elf and agree with all of these things.

But...

The top spot for me is always Home Alone.

I love Home Alone 1 & 2, Elf, The Holiday, and The Family Stone.

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

And thennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn... I broke up with you. I cannot have a girl crush on someone who doesn't believe HA 1&2 are not only the greatest Christmas movies of all time but also some of the best movies EVER of all time. We had a good run. Merry Christmas ya filthy animal.

Tiffany Khyla said...

Elf definitely takes the cake on best Christmas movie! It has the perfect combo of hilarity and cheesy love story. Must go watch now.